[INFO] D-MON1 - what is it!!

smoochy boys on tour

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Many people have no idea what D-MON1 is as they maybe not been into Mir3 long enough to know about it before, so I thought I would make a post explaining all about it..

Back to Mir3 2.9, there was a file included with the client which was called D-MON1 and the Corresponding Shadows files DMons-1. What this used to Hold in it was Boars, Maggots and a few other Bug Mobs, what was diferent about these mobs were - they were all not coloured as such. This Allowed you to add to the Database a mob such as Pink Boar by referencing it by means of APPR 2056, a red Boar by means of Appr 2057 and so forth (made them numbers and colours up btw). So bascially the Default Numbers for each mob in there was 2000, 2010, 2020 etc...

Now much later, when Wemade added more mob in past the files we could read, D-MON1 Started to get used for them instead - this allowed another 10 mobs to be in game on top of the MON1-20 that we already had.

As of now with the 3.55 Files, this allows the Files MON1-22 to be read no problems, as just so happens there is a new MON23 (once again the server cannot do anything with this), this is where also once again D-MON1 comes into play.

** Hope this explains what it is and how you can use it **

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Demonic, thanks for all that info, will make it easier for everyone to add a few mobs.

Just as a ref to this, I have tested the old D-Mon1 with the maggots, boars, scorps etc and they no longer colour with the different APPR numbers.

Upvote 0