Installing Windows. New PC

Join Discord

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
I will recieve my new computer on saturday. I have a genuine windows 7 disc... and a windows 7 key from my old laptop. will it be as simple as loading the disc when I get my new pc. and just inputting my old key?...

Thanks for any responses in advance

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
Are the key & disc same windows 7 version ? if they are, yes it will work...

If not, you can download a windows 7 ISO OFFICIAL, from digitalriver(Micro$oft provider) and use the key you have, or simply using Windows Loader 2.1 it will turn it genuine for u free :) pm me if u need any link (i dnt know if i can post them here)

Last edited:

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
is it a OEM disc..?

if so then no it wont activate as it will be looking for the certand a 2.1 SLIC in your bios for the oem provider. this is obtainable via mydigital life, and if your still stuck you can google daz loader and ignore update ending 1033

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Are the key & disc same windows 7 version ? if they are, yes it will work...

If not, you can download a windows 7 ISO OFFICIAL, from digitalriver(Micro$oft provider) and use the key you have, or simply using Windows Loader 2.1 it will turn it genuine for u free :) pm me if u need any link (i dnt know if i can post them here)

you forgot to remind about the 1033 update that knocks daz's loader out

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
is it a OEM disc..?

if so then no it wont activate as it will be looking for the certand a 2.1 SLIC in your bios for the oem provider. this is obtainable via mydigital life, and if your still stuck you can google daz loader and ignore update ending 1033

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:07 PM ----------

you forgot to remind about the 1033 update that knocks daz's loader out

I never had this problem with the update, got installed 5 comps with isos from digitalriver and windows loader 2.1 without probs ;P (maybe on spanish's iso is not that update dont know)

hehe, hope @joking fixed it! ;)

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
is it a OEM disc..?
Same question needs asking about the key, if it's an OEM key on your old laptop, it'll be tied to it.

I was under the impression Daz's loader still worked - though in all honesty I haven't used it since installing Windows 8.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Its an orginial windows 7 home premium disc. I have already contscted microsoft and told them I wish to use my old product key. they said thats fine. it may be an oem key though? is it just a matter of them swapping It over for me?

---------- Post Merged at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:05 AM ----------

The product key is OEM..... now what do I do? .. lol

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
well now we know its a OEM key. unles you really wanna start messing with your bios and using cmd lines to install certificates ect, it will be easier to the windows 7 disc you have as a trial by not entering a key. get daz's Windows Loader and use that, just dont install update that ends in 1033 and you will be fine, widowns will reconise every thing as 100%

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Im gettin unsupported partiion table when i run loader. whats the deal here?

---------- Post Merged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 PM ----------

nvm I have done it. I booted withour UEIF and it worked perfectly just selected all my updates except the one ending 1033 and now im ready to go. cant thank you guys enough!! :)

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
sorry was out , glad to see you sorted it. ivw got UEFI board so unsure what the issue is as i didnt get that ...?