Other Intrested in making a server - right time?

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Guys,

Long story short loved mir for years and some of my best child hood - teenage memories are floating around in P server with typhoon4233 / mampi / medics / jerrytheberry and flooring limpie from evolution while mampi read her poems over her corpse haha.

I am doing a 6 year degree in software design and done some Java / Python / HTML, CSS and a few things in between for website back end and databases and i am about to end my 4th year and want to start doing a summer project of creating something real to test my skills and mainly to improve them and make myself a better coder.

So the main question is am I better starting elsewhere and creating a few android apps or something during this summer break and coming back to mir to create a server next year or what you think?

Been hovering around in the crystal files tempted to hit download for awhile haha

Thanks in advance for the advice

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I don't think a Mir Server (if you planned to release it) would just be a summer project.
I have had a lot of fun playing around and learning C#, its also nice to have a base platform for your own creation to come to life and see it in action!

Upvote 0

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

Yea defo not. Wouldn't plan to release it over summer. I might not even release it myself but if i code something people find cool simply sharing it out to the community.

I am just talking about being able to get stuck in and achieve something. Even if that something is say a province with its own drop loot and new spells you know being able to complete something big but I know when I say big I would have to achieve multiple big things before I would have something even ready for testing.

Edit - Before I even looked to release a server I would want it to be something unique. I would want to know and have content prepared for its first 6 months of life so i know that i would be looking at 12 months + min for what I would hold myself to before I released anything. I have been a player and experienced what makes servers fall down and wouldn't want to repeat the mistakes I have seen - Even though i know its inevitable with the first servers you create

Last edited:
Upvote 0