Low rate servers

smoochy boys on tour

Zero

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2008
I'm looking at opening a low rate server, but I want to know what you guys look for in a low rate server.
I've been around for some time and played a lot of mir servers as well as helped create one or two, but these have been mainly high rate servers.
I see a lot of low rate servers, that tend to follow the same concept and so would like to keep away from this type.

As a player, who would normally play low rate servers and not high rate. What do you look for and what keeps you coming back to that server. All help in deciding on what should be and what shouldn't, will help me 100% to get a bigger picture.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I'm looking at opening a low rate server, but I want to know what you guys look for in a low rate server.
I've been around for some time and played a lot of mir servers as well as helped create one or two, but these have been mainly high rate servers.
I see a lot of low rate servers, that tend to follow the same concept and so would like to keep away from this type.

As a player, who would normally play low rate servers and not high rate. What do you look for and what keeps you coming back to that server. All help in deciding on what should be and what shouldn't, will help me 100% to get a bigger picture.

You'll struggle to find a decent playerbase with low rate, people just don't seem as interested with low rate as they used to, people seem to be jumping at high rate things at the moment though.

One idea i have always had is having low rate but having the starting level rather high, something around level 40, leaving you to edit the lower level caves which are useless to much harder places.

Your best off going for High rate though if you'd like a successful server.

/Ash

Zero

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2008
You'll struggle to find a decent playerbase with low rate, people just don't seem as interested with low rate as they used to, people seem to be jumping at high rate things at the moment though.

One idea i have always had is having low rate but having the starting level rather high, something around level 40, leaving you to edit the lower level caves which are useless to much harder places.

Your best off going for High rate though if you'd like a successful server.

/Ash
I was planning on starting everyone from level 40 - 50.

There are a lot of things that I'm looking at to make the server fun, from level, book, item, mob quests. Was also looking at some of the ideas that are used in the Mir2 low rate servers and possibly using some of them ideas also.

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
really, if you make a low rate server it has to be completely unique, you cant have a low rate server thats the same just lower exp because ppl wont play... it has to have unique things that nobody else has.