Map Moving

pheonix656

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 18, 2006
Ive Searched on this quite a bit but map moving is still not clear to me,

Basically i have made a test map and added it both to server files and client data files and also added [mapmike pastbichon 0] to the info.txt.

now what i need to try and do is make it so wen i walk or move into a certain area of 1 map ie woomyon woods, it will directly transfer me to my testmap that i created,

can this be done by the @positionmove command becus at the moment its either saying Fail or its just teleporting me to the testmap at the coords i set with the command :S

ty in advance

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
@positionmove mapmike *cords-X* *cords-Y*

With the Woomyon woods teleporting. Make sure you have made it so you go to a cord * say 444 333* - be sure to make it so if you're walking into a cave entrance or doorway etc, ot has the cords teleport info for the whole door and not just the middle section.

Upvote 0

LinX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2006
England
now what i need to try and do is make it so wen i walk or move into a certain area of 1 map ie woomyon woods, it will directly transfer me to my testmap that i created,

This is how you can do it, when you walk onto a certain co-ordinate it will move you to the map in your case, mapmike.

mapinfo.txt

Woomyonwoods 50,50 -> mapmike 50,50
mapmike 50,51 -> Woomyonwoods 50,51

In this scenario, when the player walk's on to co-ordinates 50,50 in WoomyonWoods they will be moved onto the map, mapmike, at co-ordinates 50,50.

When they walk onto co-ord, 50,51 on mapmike they will be moved back to Woomyonwood's, If they walk back onto WooyonWood's at 50,51 they will be moved to mapmike again.

Sound's a bit confusing..i must admit, hope you understand.

Upvote 0

pheonix656

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 18, 2006
Thankyou for your Replies, It was wat i needed and i have successfuly added my first workin test map.
Another question for you however, on my test map i have buildings and a replica of the storage building that you can find in BW, How would i go about getting access to this building and also is it possible to restrict access to this building by level or if ur a gm or summat

Upvote 0

AtomSlap

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
I R POOR
im not sure about the restriction method...

But to access the building you'll have to go into mapinfo and assign the cords for the outside of the entrance of the building *dooway* and then when you're inside of the building with the cords

Example:
;MapNumber-1 / Mapcords X / MapCords Y || Mapnumber2 / Mapcords1 X etc
0 290, 302 -> 0158 7, 27
0 300, 293 -> 0158 22, 12

(btw, these cords dnt actually work, i just thought of random cords in BW)

Upvote 0

pheonix656

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 18, 2006
thankyou for the reply on this, through lookin at the replies on this thread adding maps has become easy,
when i searched upon this topic its all confusing and really most of the replies is. use the command @PositionMove

Upvote 0