Mobs wont attack without me attacking first??

smoochy boys on tour

AncientLords

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Anybody know why this is? it's not because im on observer or whatever, as i have also tried with a normal character. I just can't think why, happens on every map.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Wrong DB entry? Gotta set them to a certain thing... Like Hens don't attack without you attacking them, try changing it to same as BoneLord or summat?

Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
say they spawn on a map called lifco in the mongen put LIFCO (CAPS)

this should fix your problem mate

lif

Upvote 0

AncientLords

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
do i do this in the loadgen mongen or the actual MonGen folder? and do i just do it for the name of the map, not the actual map number?

Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
ok mate more info

once you have added the map say called lifco

next do this

C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\MonGen
make a folder called lifco

C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\MonGen\lifco
here put your mob spawn (IE) in a txt pad
LIFCO 350 200 Hen 25 50 5

Next
C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\Mongen.txt
Add this
;NAME OF THE HUNT PLACE
loadgen lifco\HUNT PLACE NAME HERE[lifco].txt

hope this helps

lif

Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
quite easy

do this

add the mobs you want 2 spawn on the new map to say Towns bichon add it to the botton of the list

lif

Upvote 0

AncientLords

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
i think your replying to the wrong post lif, that must be for the mon say msg.

Can you think of any other ways i can try to get my mobs to attack me first?

Upvote 0

AncientLords

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
please anybody?

don't want to have to try new server files as i have done alot of editing to the basic files taking most of the original files out, and i can't see where it would cause this problem, what files need to be used in order for the mobs to be functioning properly?

Upvote 0

Onuris

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 23, 2006
Romania, Timisoara
I am not 100% sure, but try and delete ur !Setup.txt from Mir200 (or move it to other place) and let M2Server create a new one then see if it happens again.

Upvote 0

JSB123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2004
S.Yorkshire
Mob lag? Maybe its because you have run out of memory on the server machine. Try using a different machine to connect and not running the client on the same machine?

Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Mob lag? Maybe its because you have run out of memory on the server machine. Try using a different machine to connect and not running the client on the same machine?

That is one thing that can cause this problem. Another one is because you haven't used capital letters in the mapinfo and mongen.

Upvote 0

AncientLords

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
well ive now set up another set of files, and it seems to work fine. it only happened when i took out most of the original files, i.e all merchant, all mapinfo, MonGen Towns, mapinfo's etc, because i had no use for them, one thing that i noticed when i logged onto the server when my mobs didn't move was that it didn't say whether i was in observer or invincible mode, althought i was a gm, this happens now i have set up a new set of files, so whether i've edited something i shouldn't of i don't know, im just going to keep all the original files in my mirserver just so i won't have the problem.

Upvote 0

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Alright i cba to read back so someone might of already posted this.

In your Mongen everything must be in capital letters.

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Make the names of your maps simple so you won't get this problem again and also I know that you don't need to have all of your maps in capitals.

Make sure everything is the same and keep in lower case to keep it simple

Example = frozen1

Check the actual map in ur map folder is frozen1 in both your mirserver and wemade.

Check that it is frozen1 in mapinfo.txt

Check that it is all frozen1 in mongen.txt

I used to have this problem and it wasn't until I kept everything simple until I got it sorted. Do you also get the problem to when you kill the mob that it actually does not disappear.

Upvote 0