MSN Music - Internet Exlporer crash

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Hey,

I'm having a problem with my MSN Music software (via Windows Media Player). When I login etc and try to play a song, it shuts down my Windows Media Player. The same thing happens when I try to access the service through Internet Explorer.

I have a stream account which is still active, so that isn't the problem. Anyone ever experiences the same problem?

Thanks in advance,
Turin
:bbcguy:

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
I got the latest version of Windows Media Player 10 (or at least I think I have because Microsoft's website doesn't give you a direct download any more... Windows Media Player 11 and all).

Thanks for the suggestion,
Turin

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Any song, absolutely any song.

:( I can't believe google can't help me.

Turin

ps - atm I am fiddling with all my settings, the media bar version is 11.1xxx, is that a hint that the computer is installing the wrong version? Or is the media bar version not correlated to the windows media player version?

Thanks for ya help.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Nope, nothing related to the topic I'm afraid.

The player just turns off in a flash the moment I try play a song. I can play the previews, but once I attempt to actually stream the song, the player shuts off. I'm thinking its got something to do with corrupt liscences, but havn't got a clue how to fix it.

Turin

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
could well be. if you use limewire you could always just play the song in that until you fix the problem. have you disconnected your speakers etc?
also, you could use an internet site to listen to music like radioblogclub.com or something

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Yup everything is fine except *.od2.com (MSN Music providor) and their Mediabar which causes Internet Explorer/Windows Media Player to crash when I attempt to play anything. It doesn't even freeze/hang - simply disappears lol.

Turin

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
havnt got a clue. how about putting everything you need onto cd or something and rebooting your system >.<

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Yup lol, that'd be the 3rd reboot in the last 4 days :D I'm on a role. Thanks for replying though m8, I'll do that and see what happens.

Note to people, don't trust BETA software :(
Turin

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
erm... i know this sounds really stupid. but you dont have headphones in? or the speaker cable has come out?
also i just saw on a earlier thread something about you saying playing wmp whilst playing a certain game... maybe this could have effected it somehow?

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Nope, everything else is closed, even to the extent of going into safe-mode. As for the headphones etc, I don't think they would have any bearing on the fact that WMP is crashing m8. But for what its worth, yea, they're all fitted properly.

It just suddenly changed tbh, I'm trying to remember if I made any system change that would of effected this.

Well... I did install WMP11 and Internet Explorer 7 before doing a system restore because I didn't like them, but then again that should have reverted everything back to normal right?

Turin

ps - I now definately thing its this fauly Mediabar thing you have to install to play the music in a secure environment. When I restart WMP after crashing, it gives me a message saying the problem could have been caused by a plugin and therefore they have all been disabled - =/

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
erm... well i used to have a problem with my internet explorer. the search bar (where you type www.) dissapeared. it disabled some of my programs but not wmp. i just re-installed my internet and all the programs that didnt work before, did.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Ok sorted out the innitial problem (don't ask how! It just fixed itself =/).

Now I can't sign in however because whenever I try to, Internet Explorer goes into an infinite loop of refreshes >.<

Turin

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
haha lol. seems to of got worse?
Have you checked if there is a program open in tash mngr that never used to be open? Just wondering as this could effect it. Like netropa hotkey effects some stuff that i do.