My 1st map.

Join Discord

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
This 1st the 1st map i've acually made and finished. I wanted something small and simple as people only tend to go afk etc in HomeZone. Oh yeah its going to be my HomeZone map.

my1stmap.png

The rocks dont seem to have saved right. Hopefully they'll be ok ingame Also about half an inch has been cut off the top for some reason lol.

(Gets ready for all the bad posts)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Not bad for a first attemp however it lacks quality i wouldnt personally use this as your home zone. It needs more detail and the actual layout doesnt look to great.

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
I aved it to bitmap or whatever so dont know why its turned out like that. I'm testing ingame now to see what its turned out like.

Edit: Just tested ingame and looks ok but then I get to the top that looks crap. I'm not going to bother trying to fix it im no good at it.
Anyone wants to make me a HZ though with same idea I had then feel free lol. If ya do PM me it.
Thanks.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
The rocks dont seem to have saved right. Hopefully they'll be ok ingame Also about half an inch has been cut off the top for some reason lol.

(Gets ready for all the bad posts)

The reasons for the bottoms of rocks being cut off is due to those objects being placed off the actual map size.

say the maps 200X200, bits you placed would be on 200:205 due to this, they wont show.

djembecrazy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2005
The reasons for the bottoms of rocks being cut off is due to those objects being placed off the actual map size.

say the maps 200X200, bits you placed would be on 200:205 due to this, they wont show.

This is correct, you will also want to make your maps so that players cannot run to the edge of the map, as all they will see is a black cut off point, it doesn't look right :P.