MySQL db's fked?

Join Discord

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Can't log in to any of my websites hosted on mirfiles.co.uk - I tried the check and repair functions in cPanel but it all came back as OK...

any idea what could've happened?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Yeh, my account on Mirfiles isn't working either....Can you check to see that users are still listed in the DB?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeh, my account on Mirfiles isn't working either....Can you check to see that users are still listed in the DB?

Yeah, it's all there where it should be :/

I know it's not a site software issue because the same problem is happening on my wordpress site..

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I can only see the files as a viewer via Tai's link but they still show as normal.
The link now goes to "Where do you want to go" rather than straight to Mir 2.

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Do you have access to the MySQL backend through phpmyadmin?

If you do, export the database to a text document. Once you've done that, drop all database's for that particular site. So everything is gone and it's an empty database with no tables, then import the text document so that it recreates all the tables. Then test access, if it's still not granted, clear the user table (Don't drop it) and re-enter your admin details for the site and then test again. It should then give you access again as an admin, once you've done that you may have to manually enter all the user details again (Though you can just import the user table minus the admin login details).

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
ok so it turns out it isn't a global problem, my other sites are working fine (unless i previously thought) so it might not be a db problem. I did what you said (logical stuff) but it didn't solve the problem. When you try to log in or register, it just goes back to the same page..

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
So when you try to login, does it allow you and then give you the login box again and if this is the same with when you register, then the likely issue is with cache & cookies not being generated correctly and so the information is not stored.

What software are you using, as I want to try it on my host and see if I can replicate the issue and help resolve it for you.

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
These are probably useless solutions, but i got them from Xtrafiles forum.

SEO Friendly - With this on login problems occur, try turning it off
(Not even sure if this is a feature now and haven't looked myself)

SVN Update - Have you updated your Menu.php with the latest file from the SVN ?
(Read on the forums that this could also be a problem, infact...the symptoms matches yours exactly)