Need help with your server? READ THIS

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Please follow these few points when asking for help..

- Befor you ask for help. SEARCH. Most of the time someone else has had the same problem, and has been helped already. Use simple original keywords which identify your problem. Maybe a short sentence of the error couldbe pasted.

- Do not name your thread "HELP PLZ". Its really not helpful. Name your thread suited to your problem.

- If you can, give us a screenshot, or atleast paste the writing where your error is occuring. Saying "Ses it has an error or sumfin" does not help us, and we will only get annoyed at you.

- Befor you ask for help, make sure you have used the guide provided. And you have actually followed it. Not all of us have time to solve simple problems that wouldnt occur if you followed the guide.

/Farril

Last edited:

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
Hello, Ive recently decided that i will try to host a server for myself and then holeyfully get a dedicated server for this, ill be honest i have no idear wat i am doing but i will read all of this untill it teaches me.

Can you or anyone else possible start to point me in the right directions?

Thanks -Master

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I am busy in the process of re-writing the guide, making it look Nicer and maybe include a lot more of the common problems people have. I do not think I can make it any Simpler then providing Screenshots all along the way, I have seen worse guides and people still manage to set up the files. The main Stumbling Blocks I can normally see are:

* MS-SQL is not meant for the Novice User but its what Mir3 Uses so might as well get to grips with it.

* The IP / Server name has to match all the Gates / Programs / Cloient or none of it will connect fully into the game.

* If people have a problem at one stage, do not look at the entire server as a whole but break down which part will not connect.

* The right client is very important, the latest One will Not connect to the server no matter how much you prod it.

* The files Supplied by me or anyone else will need some work (lots probably), its meant as a starting block to get you on your way - your gonna have to put some work into this and learn as you go along to have a sucessfull server.

* We are not here to provide anyone with a 100% Perfect English, everything working set of files + Client, we share what we can, Alterantive solution is to get the Untouched Server files and start from scrath - you will learn everything about the server this way at least and you can call it your own!!

As regarding Posts and Help, please understand when we have answered the same question and even shoved it in the Stickys - then a person comes along and asks it AGAIN - we try not to get annoyed and for most part I normally answer again or give you some clues, depending on my mood. Mir3 is a tad similar gate wise etc to Mir2 - so a lot of the questiosn asked apply anyhow.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
if someone got 100% translated files, u think he should release them? i mean it wont make him prob here right?

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
if someone got 100% translated files, u think he should release them? i mean it wont make him prob here right?

If no-one shares - we might as well close the forum now tbh...There is more to the server files then the files I have shared - who is to say my set I own now is not 100% english and working?? I waited for the people to carry on the work, they do but wont share - thus stops any future sharing - end of mir3 as we know it !!

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
well when i will get new computer i will try to get a full translated files :P got now something like 98% translated.

Upvote 0

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
Isn't a video guide easier to follow?

Like this one? guide

Make 1 in english

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
download what? the guide3g? did you see that you have to enter a 3 letter code in the middle of that page? I'll see if I can put it on my mirror.

Upvote 0