Need website ideas.

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
As a side project to fill in my spare time and improve my coding skills im making a website which will list all private servers for all online games. Anybody can list their game or server.

Although im not far in to it, i wouldnt mind some nice ideas to make it original. Obviously there are already sites out there which list private servers, but none are really user friendly.

So far the only features ive got which stand out, is a game rating system. out of 5 stars so people know straight away whether the game is worth playing. (habbo hotel has 1/2 star atm :P)

and an online/offiline system (still being worked on, thanks kaori) to show if the private server is up or not.

Can anyone suggest any ideas that would be useful if you were using the site?

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Top player stats maybe? So when joining the game you know how far behind you're guna be. Guess that could be pretty hard to though.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
anything inside the game will have to be user inputted, as theres no generic code for every type of game unfortunately.

so anything like usercount, player stats, etc i cant do. i dont think.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
How long its been on the site for, % out of 100% its online (so u no if it has much down time) a direct client and website link. Also i think it would pay to have like an alphabetical bar for game names!(making it easy to find your game) Also perhaps have a button like the lomcn new post button so it shows u recently posted game servers.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
great ideas thanks. ive added all the things you've said apart from alphabetical bar, i have a search function so didnt think thats needed.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Need a little advice on my layout. ive got a list of all private servers for each game, but im not sure how they should be displayed. I've got a few options i could take..

List all servers posts in one big list
List online/offline servers in two separate tables
Only list online servers

What do you think would be the best option to choose?

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
list online and offline servers in different tables. People would like to know if the server if online/offline rather than it not being listed in my opinion.