Need your thoughts on orbs

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
As most of you know im making a 2.6 server and im doing the drop files. Was wondering if I should put orbs in drops or not and only gems. Or have orbs ingame but remove poisonorb, freezingorb, desillusionorb, enduranceorb as they have affects on the server.. for example if all high they will affect gameplay. so need your thoughts and opinions on what to do, im stuck now. cause i knew this was an issue on my old 2.3 server and so i removed a few orbs. But was thinking since its 2.6... i dont know.

h

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Dont ruin the server with orbs, and gold in that matter! Sub bosses and group bosses should only drop orbs, If you do put them in say leveling caves make them like 1/50 000 000 i also think you should make no more than 100k per leveling trips (full bag of pots) untill higher level thus making gold actually worth having.

Last edited:

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Dont ruin the server with orbs, and gold in that matter! Sub bosses and group bosses should only drop orbs, If you do put them in say leveling caves make them like 1/500000 i also think you should make no more than 100k per leveling trips (full bag of pots) untill higher level thus making gold actually worth having.
creates the problem of some people not having enough gold to buy pots to hunt gold...lol orbs shud drop from bosses / subs and only magic, bravery n soul, agility, accuracy erm think thats it lol

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Gold is rare on the server that's why i've included mining :) I'm more worried about the orbs. No orbs should never drop from mobs, only bosses that's my idea. But was wondering if i should add the annoying orbs such as the poison,freezing etc. cause if say you get high poison on ur sword for example it will mess up gameplay for pvping.. hunting bosses etc. so say i added ingame in drops what you think the drop rate should be on a normal boss? 1/100? or higher?

h

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Should put them in boss drops, make them reasonable rare. But if your worrying about "messing up game-play for pvping" just cap PA/Slow say 2 or 3 =/.....

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Gold is rare on the server that's why i've included mining :) I'm more worried about the orbs. No orbs should never drop from mobs, only bosses that's my idea. But was wondering if i should add the annoying orbs such as the poison,freezing etc. cause if say you get high poison on ur sword for example it will mess up gameplay for pvping.. hunting bosses etc. so say i added ingame in drops what you think the drop rate should be on a normal boss? 1/100? or higher?

h

Go ingame and test boss drops, then you can see what they are like, and edit.
1/100 for a norm boss seems a bit tight tho, if it spawns every 30 min for example, thats 48 a day = 1 orb every 2 days. I know you will probs get a couple more but still..

I also dont think many people want to spend time mining now days on mir, maybe add something a little more intresting ?

As for poison orbs etc, you cant really leave them out of drops. But they should be rare rare, so you dont get slow + 5 weapons,rings etc. Or just make the success rate lower, and increase drops.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Go ingame and test boss drops, then you can see what they are like, and edit.
1/100 for a norm boss seems a bit tight tho, if it spawns every 30 min for example, thats 48 a day = 1 orb every 2 days. I know you will probs get a couple more but still..

I also dont think many people want to spend time mining now days on mir, maybe add something a little more intresting ?

As for poison orbs etc, you cant really leave them out of drops. But they should be rare rare, so you dont get slow + 5 weapons,rings etc. Or just make the success rate lower, and increase drops.

Actually, I think mining for cash is a great pass time. I mean what better way to earn cash? Requires next to no effort.

I'm glad your incorporating it into your server, good old Euro Mir days where mining for plat P12+ would gain you 1m gold.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
why would anyone wanna mine , jesus your failing or ready.

make gold rare and make pots cheap , simple?

no1 wants 5bil of gold and its that common u cant buy a j mace with it lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Will this server also be hosted on your laptop again and last a matter of weeks? $.$

The simple answer has already been said...make them rare. Common sense? They're not going to ruin anything if they're used as they were designed to be.

Reactions: Hone

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
I enjoyed mining on euro to pass time and actually work for the gold. If you people don't like mining then don't play. It's my server and I choose to run it how i like, afterall, isn't that what everyone says when they bumlick you ingame? But anyway, before jumping conclusions, gold is rare and pots are cheap, so if you don't wish to mine there will be gold dropping however very low so if you want that extra million, you go mine. It's optional. Afterall, there is fishing in game so that will be another way to earn cash and pots. So you have lots of options there. Anyway i've decided to either put a cap on some orbs so you can't go further than +3 or make it so there success rate is high and orbs will be rare like they should be.

@Tai No it will not be hosted on a laptop, like i said on a previous thread that i made my mistakes and it was probably the first server i've ever hosted. I'm going dedi this time. And actually aiming to keep it online for as long as i can. I've replied sensibly without actually being rude so don't continue to bring your unwanted posts, was completely unnessecary.

h

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
if you make all orbs 1/100,

Dc,SC,MC,Ac,AMC,Acc,Agil,Pa.Pr,MR,Slow thats 11 types of orbs.

call it 10 for simple maths.

1/100 for each orb would be the same as a 10/100

which is the same as 1/10

so if u had 11 types of orb, in at 1/100 you would get an orb every 9 or 10 kills.

Pa and slow dont ruin the game? Slow gives warriors a chance on some servers, itsj ust when you have slow 30, and the warriors dc is already high compared to Ac/sc/mc it creates balance issues.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
The only Orbs i wouldn't add would be PA/Slow, and if you did, cap it to like +1/2 on each item.

Completely ruins PVP when you 1 hit someone and there slowed for 2 minutes.

I used to love mining for cash etc (and running around with no torch on trying to PK afkers).