Needing Hell mob AI explained

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I've no idea how the newer AI work, can someone please tell me what each mobs do for their attacks?

HellSlasher (2 attacks)
HellPirate (2 attacks)
HellCannibal (2 attacks)
HellBolt (1 attack)
WitchDoctor (1 attack)

I've already done the HellKeeper. Taking from Stupples code he released a while ago, i took that it has a mass attack (3/4 chance) and a stun attack (1/4 chance)

Thanks.

I'm only looking to do these mobs at the moment, thinking if i split them up in to their appropriate dungeons it'll be easier to manage. But if you wanted to list what all the other mob do too that would be helpful for future reference.

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
I take it you mean the mobs in this vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C54VEI0VzZo

Im sure they were called different in GamePot Mir but from what I remember the were;

Hell slasher - melee attack (Graphics show a double slashing)
HellPirate ( i take it this is the skinny tall one) - melee attack
Hellcannibal (large one with mouth on it) - mass red poison attack (3x3 or 2x2 cant remember) and melee attack
HellBolt (the blue one in the vid?) - ranged attack shooting a t-bolt like attack (hurt like hell)
Witch Doctor - Ranged attack firing an orb at you but could teleport away from you at times if i remember right but not a great distance.

GateKeeper - mass spike attack from the ground that had a chance to paralyse you. pretty sure it hit everyone within its very large range (he could attack you before you could even see him in your screen)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You say melee attack for the first two, but they both have 2 attack moves. Whats the second one and when so they do it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
From what i've been told Far, the following attacks apply to Hell Mobs:

HellSlasher - 1x Normal Attack - 1x CrossHallMoon Attack - has chance to Stun Poison.
HellPirate - 1x Normal Attack - 1x Halfmoon Attack
HellCannibal - 1x Normal Attack - 1x CrossHalfMoonAttack which has a chance to Red Poison
HellBolt - Thunderbolt ranged attack with melee attack (use RightGuard AI)
WitchDoctor - Ranged Attacker, runs away from mobs (similar to Axe Skeleton) has a chance to Red Poison

This is what I got from many different stories from people lol hope this helps :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
From what i've been told Far, the following attacks apply to Hell Mobs:

HellSlasher - 1x Normal Attack - 1x CrossHallMoon Attack - has chance to Stun Poison.
HellPirate - 1x Normal Attack - 1x Halfmoon Attack
HellCannibal - 1x Normal Attack - 1x CrossHalfMoonAttack which has a chance to Red Poison
HellBolt - Thunderbolt ranged attack with melee attack (use RightGuard AI)
WitchDoctor - Ranged Attacker, runs away from mobs (similar to Axe Skeleton) has a chance to Red Poison

This is what I got from many different stories from people lol hope this helps :)

Thanks, hellbolt needs its own AI as it doesn't do the thunderbolt effect though

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Thanks, hellbolt needs its own AI as it doesn't do the thunderbolt effect though

It should be fine using Right Guard shouldn't it? I did do its own AI although I think it was one of the very first AI's I ever did and it was pretty much a duplicate from memory (before I learnt that you could mix and match AI's for mobs lol)

It does have its own Thunderbolt effect (Images 304 - 314 on itself and then 315 - 324 on the target)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It should be fine using Right Guard shouldn't it? I did do its own AI although I think it was one of the very first AI's I ever did and it was pretty much a duplicate from memory (before I learnt that you could mix and match AI's for mobs lol)

It does have its own Thunderbolt effect (Images 304 - 314 on itself and then 315 - 324 on the target)

I had a spazzy moment where i thought you had to use the AI effects if you use their AI. yeah using RightGuard AI seems fine