New 2.3 M2Server exe

Join Discord

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I noticed alot of people were having problems with the mysql database including myself so here a fixed m2server that will read database with out you changing it :)

Server allows you to read the following:

FLD_CanTrade
FLD_CanDrop
FLD_CanDeathDrop
FLD_CanRepair
FLD_CanSpecialRepair
FLD_CanStore
FLD_CanSell
FLD_VanishDrop

hope it helps :)

m2server.jpg

Download Here!
As per GPL Source Here

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
erm, so basically you removed the client from using those fields? and therefore stopped some of the features? :err:

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
nope I recoded the full SQL section the way it needed to be lol, all the funcations are there but i have moved afew from tool menu to the button menu for faster access

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
There was nothing wrong wit it at all? I dont understand.

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
alot of people were having problems with mysql like myself

with the following sections

FLD_CanTrade
FLD_CanDrop
FLD_CanDeathDrop
FLD_CanRepair
FLD_CanSpecialRepair
FLD_CanStore
FLD_CanSell
FLD_VanishDrop

it would not read them so I recoded it to read the data with out having to change the mysql database it self if you search forum there was alot of people that had that problem...

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
what problems with the mysql were you having? because it worked perfectly

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
well do as it says and change the field type to the BIT type then it will read them all

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
simon can you release the source for this binary please and PLEASE post in the correct section tiger!

oh btw without the source im preeety sure and admin will delete this thread as the GPL will have been violated.!

Good Work though!

And moved ^^

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
Great job.....dunno what most of you are on about hes helping the comunity out that are having problems this is one of the first releases i have seen from non DM2 team members im impressed :D well done mate as beard said the source would be nice aswell :D

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
actualy Dizon, there has been many releases updated on the SVN but also snippits of code to add features to the server. but they werent biniary releases. but most people here are idiots and can only run a server if its pre made for them and they only have to click 7 .exe's to make it run.

Also simon can you please post source codes as well, would like to look at them :) cheers

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah, as 2 people have already said, its against the rules, and against the law to release a binary without its sources when its under GPL.

loads of people have released things for 2.3, but have all actually read the licensing laws so dont release binarys. hence, why you havnt seen any binary files post here, ever.