New Graphics Card

smoochy boys on tour

dumbass3000

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2005
hi. i reeeeeeeeeaaalllly wanna play elders scrolls of oblivion IV but i did this test thing. see results here:

and i failed. it says i need a better graphics card. could any1 of u pc wizzys recommend me 1 and a link to the website wher i cud buy it. needs to be in the £40-50 range. i would really like the shop in the uk so i dont have to pay import fee's. i got this link from that website but as i say. ill need to pay import fees

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139166

ty for any help.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Newegg doesn't ship oversea's to the UK, and that video card is not much better than the one you have now.

Online tests are known to be crap unless all they do is figure out what card you have and look in their database rather than trying to do a "performance" test.

To play oblivion I'd get at least a 6600 GT if not a 7800 GT/X1800.

dumbass3000

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2005
urbanfox said:
Newegg doesn't ship oversea's to the UK, and that video card is not much better than the one you have now.

Online tests are known to be crap unless all they do is figure out what card you have and look in their database rather than trying to do a "performance" test.

To play oblivion I'd get at least a 6600 GT if not a 7800 GT/X1800.
howmuch wud that set me back?

cud go up to a 70quid 1 jus then have to wash a few cars to get the game :P

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
My graphics card seems awesome for how much it cost and what it's meant to be tbh.

I run Oblivion on full settings, laggless (dunno what type of FPS I get).

On CS 1.6 people say they get low FPS, mine's never dropped below 95.

That's only an X700PRO, with standard drivers.

I doubt you'll be able to get either of what urban recommended for the money you have.

dumbass3000

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2005
urbanfox said:
I'd pay to see that... considering I can drop stable FPS with an x1900.

ur avatar is scaring me :/

i actually have no idea what im looking for here. i go on www.ebuyer.com and i see all this fx451054844144d5dasdasd5aq4da8d 128mb. i aint got a clue what i need and if it will be compatible with my pc :s

help :/ oblivion needs me:dunce: