New layout anyone?

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Had hardly anything to do so far with my summer, so i thought id waste my time totally reorganising the server files for easier use and updating.

This has taken me about a month on and off to do, and its still not completely done.

If i were to release id have to take the effort of removing the features from my server.

Layout is below, if alot of ppl wld like it then ill release it, otherwise i wont go to the effort.

This is the Envir folders, showing market_def, market_spk, market_qst, and market_fct

This is market_def, with fully organised npcs for each province.

This is market_fct, which contains all functions of the server, it acts almost as the system folder would.

This is market_qst, which contains all npc quests, it acts almost as questdiary would.

This is market_spk, which contains the speach for all the npcs, it acts almost as convert_def would.

My files are configured for the old style maps, but you can easily change that.

Some of you may think this is pointless, or hasnt changed anything at all, but believe me its alot easier to add a quest onto an npc, write a brand new npc properly without trailing through 10's of other txts and folders, or simple find what your looking for.

Like i said, its not fully done, but i shld hav it complete in a few days.

/Farril

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Farphit said:
Had hardly anything to do so far with my summer, so i thought id waste my time totally reorganising the server files for easier use and updating.

This has taken me about a month on and off to do, and its still not completely done.

If i were to release id have to take the effort of removing the features from my server.

Layout is below, if alot of ppl wld like it then ill release it, otherwise i wont go to the effort.

This is the Envir folders, showing market_def, market_spk, market_qst, and market_fct

This is market_def, with fully organised npcs for each province.

This is market_fct, which contains all functions of the server, it acts almost as the system folder would.

This is market_qst, which contains all npc quests, it acts almost as questdiary would.

This is market_spk, which contains the speach for all the npcs, it acts almost as convert_def would.

My files are configured for the old style maps, but you can easily change that.

Some of you may think this is pointless, or hasnt changed anything at all, but believe me its alot easier to add a quest onto an npc, write a brand new npc properly without trailing through 10's of other txts and folders, or simple find what your looking for.

Like i said, its not fully done, but i shld hav it complete in a few days.

/Farril

Looks very useful, cant see it changing it ALOT for the older people of lomcn who's been working with the files for a long time, but any new members im sure would find it a hell of a lot easier.

Looks very good Farril, was going to attempt it myself at one point and translate everything, make sure theres nothing chinese/korean what ever language it is in the files at all, (dunno if there is any files foreign or not, you tell me. But hey the clearer you can read the files the easier it is right?)

I think you should release as soon as your done, but its entirly upto you how much lomcn will benefit from it..

/Tofas

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Yes m8 this would help new people comming to Mir3 a great deal. I think current server owners wont benifit from this, but hopefully it will get more people involved in Mir3 :).

/HAz