Norton SystemWorks 2006

smoochy boys on tour

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Well, i just downloaded it from urbans website. I installed it & activated it fine the first time. I then done liveupdate, and since then, it kept saying i needed to activate the product to keep using it, but it wont let me activate it -_-

I just relised that i may not be able to use liveupdate because its not a legal copy, right?

At the bottom in the info text document, it says:

"At last, please attention:
After you activiate it, you have to get the LIVEUPDATE forum and then you can connect with the internet"

What does the bit that says "you have to get the LIVEUPDATE forum" mean?? is the word forum meant to say something else? oO

Its a simple problem for most of you lot i recon, and i bet you can solve it straight away, or at least tell me what i do :P But for me, well....its fully confused me, just that last bit. -_-

Cheers.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol norton is crap i hope peaple dont mind me saying but it really does suck it slows ur pc down ect ect ur better off with AVG Free if you have windows fire wall ;) goto google type "AVG Free" its nothing but the best well atleast for now it is i havent had no problems useing it ever.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
I used it previously, but i rather use "pay" products, which i dont pay for. :P

I may go back to it, but i would like to try systemworks 2006 first ^_^

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
fair play lol! >.< i wouldnt advise it though there`s not much difference in protection i have bought the full norton 2006 package and wasted my money as i use AVG free lol but anyways its upto m8y i guess ;)

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
argh, bet you right gutted lol -_-

Well, i agree with the fact that you say norton slows your pc down, because it does, ALOT. Although, it was only the startup speed that was effected badly :(

As long as this norton systemworks 2006 doesnt include norton firewall, all is good. :P

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
ye i wouldnt mind testing this panda out hers its good o_O :D (Y)

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
I just found it and downloaded it (at least i think its it lol :P ). Ill install and see. It includes Panda platinum antivirus & anti spyware ^_^

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Panda Platinum AV seems to be doing well :) Its an improvement to norton (for me anyway) becauae norton used so much resources and system memory =/

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
I'm quite happy with Kaspersky :).

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I use Norton SystemWorks 2006 and seems to work fine. Had no problems with it so far and cant really comment on if it makes my pc slow as i always have used it. lol.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
I couldnt update the version of systemworks 2006 i had fron urbans site, for obvious reasons :P

And i am having the same problem with panda AV :( It asks me to register the product so i can get the latest updates, but i cannot register it because i dont have the activation/cd key -_- :(