NPC check

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
I was making my own script yesterday which gives new players items and gold to give them a 'good start'

I have made it so that if your above level ## you will get denied.

But i noticed that if your below the specific level, you can use the NPC as many times as you like.. and that is not how i want the NPC to be used.

So i was wondering if the following is possible:

Is it possible to check if <USER> has already been given these items, thus denying him this?

The following questions are for other purposes which i thought is better to ask along instead of making a new post;)

Is it possible to make a Scroll option in scripts which are quite long with lots of options?
( see Attachment1 for a better understanding if you dont follow me above )

Is it possible to add a point system like Integrals to the game?

* hopes no one gets angry *

/Stardust

-----Attachment1--------

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
1) Look in Forum about "Flag" and "Setflag" (X-treme team have it also in there help to script section (You must register there but all is free a nice Boardhelp!)

2) I dunno i was ever think he make it automatically ?!?!

3) You have in the Server files FamePoints and Integralsystem (Famepoints work well, Integral is a bit buggy)
a 3 system is not hardcoded you can only make it like items that people can store or something (example goldbar or goldchest)

Upvote 0

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
1) Look in Forum about "Flag" and "Setflag" (X-treme team have it also in there help to script section (You must register there but all is free a nice Boardhelp!)

3) You have in the Server files FamePoints and Integralsystem (Famepoints work well, Integral is a bit buggy)
a 3 system is not hardcoded you can only make it like items that people can store or something (example goldbar or goldchest)

Thank you for your reply.
-1) So with flags you can make the script check if <USER> already got these items?

Luckily i already started undertaking the scripting lessons of extreme yesterday but am experimenting with what i know sofar, will try the flag lesson when i get back from work.

-2) Hmm so what your saying is that if i would make a script which has got a long list of Options he would automatically give the "scroll" option?

If so, would this work if i was to set a long script in the box that pops up when you press D ingame??

Also, can any one explain what i need to modify to make a script show up when pressing D instead of it telling you how many points you've got etc?
( See Attachment1 if you dont know what i mean )

-3) So it's not possible to set up a custom system like the Integral system?

/Stardust

-----ATTACHMENT1----

Last edited:
Upvote 0

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Example:

[@main]
#SAY
Welcome <$USERNAME>,\ \

<Starter Kit/@sk>\

[@sk]
#IF
CHECK [001] 0
#ACT
GIVE WOODENSWORD 1
GIVE LIGHTARMOUR(M) 1
GIVE LIGHTARMOUR(F) 1
GIVE GOLD 50000
SET [001] 1
#SAY
Kit is in inventory.\
#ELSESAY
You can only have this once!.\

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
Thanks alot SirSimpson that made me script complete!;)

Might you know how i can change the text that appears when you press D into a script?

Thanks again mate!

/Stardust

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
but do not use 001 that is for sure in use try something over 20 - 99

what number is not importend only better check in files if the number that u use is not in other use from quest script or something mhh

D menue is mirguidebook.txt have a look for it in questdiary or hlscript folder mhh not sure from mind

Upvote 0

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
:EDIT1:
I just checked mirguidebook.txt and at first look i have to say it does look easy, but on second look when i searched my envir for every file that refers to mirguidebook.txt it looks quite difficult to replace the script in mirguidebook.txt with a different script?

I'll give it a try tomorrow cause i just got back from me job and im in need of some rest.. to be continued tomorrow!;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK

not true can easily make another points system through sql

Upvote 0