Nvidia Card

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
duno were to post this question , so if i didnt post were i should pls move it ,

one of my players asked me if i know wot driver should he use for an Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS , at first he said he had loads of lags , some1 told him to try a driver but even with that hes lags are still there , not as many as before but every 7-8 steps he get lags spike's , so any1 know any driver for it that make's the lags go away for good , ty

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
iv got a 8600 and works fine on a 8series driver from geforce website. Iv heard of this ahppening with a dual core though? And to fix run mir on a single core

Upvote 0

mapadale

duno were to post this question , so if i didnt post were i should pls move it ,

one of my players asked me if i know wot driver should he use for an Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS , at first he said he had loads of lags , some1 told him to try a driver but even with that hes lags are still there , not as many as before but every 7-8 steps he get lags spike's , so any1 know any driver for it that make's the lags go away for good , ty
Search through Idabiga's post's, as I posted all the drivers required for the Nforce. Which is what causes the Graphic issues with Mir3.

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
@ mapa done that , ty , but after he instaled the one mick used and worked for him he said its a lil better but still works worse then on his old pc , one more thing , he has the same card on hes wife's lapton but he sais they use different drivers , u have something about thouse ? or just use the same one's , the laptops card is GeForce 8400 M GS

@Geordiehc yep he said he got dual core , "to fix run mir on a single core" u mean change pc ? :D or he can disable 1 core or something like that , sry if this sound like a stupid question but dont know to much about all the new pc parts that keep coming out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapadale

@ mapa done that , ty , but after he instaled the one mick used and worked for him he said its a lil better but still works worse then on his old pc , one more thing , he has the same card on hes wife's lapton but he sais they use different drivers , u have something about thouse ? or just use the same one's , the laptops card is GeForce 8400 M GS

@Geordiehc yep he said he got dual core , "to fix run mir on a single core" u mean change pc ? :D or he can disable 1 core or something like that , sry if this sound like a stupid question but dont know to much about all the new pc parts that keep coming out
Mir will run on single core by default, so no need to worrie their. You only need to change the core preference if running a server on dual.

The laptop G/Card will be a generic Onboard card and do tend to use a different set of drivers for them compared to the slot incards. The laptop G/Card drivers are always found from the specific laptop branded website IE: HP

Is the desktop a made machine or a branded one, if branded then they will need to goto their website. The drivers that you found from Ida's thread, is it the same branded card?

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
its not about the server cos its not my pc :D ,

about the laptop , it is from HP and he sais he cant find drivers for graphic card on the HP site , he showed me the site and there are only drivers for everything else then graphic card

and the desktop its a made machine not braded one , the driver that work's better then every other is 177.92_geforce_32bit_english_beta(2) , but he sais there arent any other info about the driver ,i mean if the drivers for hes exactly card or not

Upvote 0

mapadale

about the laptop , it is from HP and he sais he cant find drivers for graphic card on the HP site , he showed me the site and there are only drivers for everything else then graphic card

and the desktop its a made machine not braded one , the driver that work's better then every other is 177.92_geforce_32bit_english_beta(2) , but he sais there arent any other info about the driver ,i mean if the drivers for hes exactly card or not
The laptop card is not always a specific driver and is sometimes packaged with other drivers for the system board IE: Lan/Drive/Grpahic

Best thing to do is go to Nvidia and go through selection menu.

These are just a few places for drivers besides Nvidia.

http://driverscollection.com/?H=GeForce 8400 GS&By=NVidia
http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

What OS version are they using?

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
Original Xp pro on lapton and on desktop XP pro but not the original :P, il give them the 2 sites and update here wot they say happens :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
On the HP site you only find Ref Driver and no new. If you search you need normaly the SN from the Nootbook and you find this on the Backsite.
If this Lappy a Home User Lappy then you get very old Driver by HP.
I have long time work for HP ;-)

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
ty coly il tell them to do that for the lappy , and yes its a home user lappy , just as soon as they wake up lol , and il edit here if they resolved anything or not

Upvote 0