pc gfx card

smoochy boys on tour

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
can anyone tell me how to check it as in how good it is need to know need a better one but dont wnna get one and it be crapper than my present 1

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
wanna get a gfx card that wil be able to play age of empires 3
obviusly wouldnt run properly on this crapy comp so know any cheep g cards but better then my present one?

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
GoD™ said:
wanna get a gfx card that wil be able to play age of empires 3
obviusly wouldnt run properly on this crapy comp so know any cheep g cards but better then my present one?

How cheap is your cheap?

If it's in the range of £500+, get a 7800GTX :cool:

If not get something like a x800

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
thats thing i dont wanna spend over £500 just to play a game in the range of 30-100 but good enogth to play age of empires 3

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
A FX5200 is good enough to play AoE on medium settings, I can play in on my low-end comp easily. Though don't expect to see the bloom effects and the realistic waters. You need something a bit higher and possibly support 2.0 pixel shaders.

The price range is about $30-40 so you got scrounge one for as low as 30 pound sterling :)

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
the new age of empires i downloaded the trial and it said it may not work on your current grafics card ect. so about 30-40quid for a upgraded 1

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Game trials are usually for the high end specs, the actual releases of games (the one I've got) is made for a broader range of computers because you can adjust the graphics/video settings more effectively from controls. An upgrade from your current card can cost anything between 80-600 pound sterling. I suggest you get a mid-range card (Urban hopefully can help you with this).

(Ps - The FX5200 you have already is meant to work alright lol)

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
well if it will work alright then i will buy it
only reason i want the game is coz when i was about 7-8 i got one of the others think it was the first game i got on pc(before i had internet) so i spent hours playing it so wanna get the new 1 as graphics are so much better now so will be ownage

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
GoD™ said:
well if it will work alright then i will buy it
only reason i want the game is coz when i was about 7-8 i got one of the others think it was the first game i got on pc(before i had internet) so i spent hours playing it so wanna get the new 1 as graphics are so much better now so will be ownage
Get age of mytholigy, awesome game :D.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Age of Empires is THE real time strategy game :) Loved Age of Empires II and I (played them in that order). Then I got mythology for so long, that when AoE III came out I tried using God Powers :x

Shame. But you do get this really big car that kills people as it drives past so that's good :P

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Blaminator said:
You guys should try Warhammer 40,000 : Dawn Of War.

now that, rocks.

Thats a peice of ****, irl.

:doggy!:

GoD™

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 15, 2005
south east
wasnt there a ps2 game of it that was utterly crap
i collected wh 40k i was chaos space marines got bored in the end i had all the best tanks 2demons a sorcerer 2chaos leaders about 100soilders cant remeber half of the stuff as been long time since i played i collected the wh lotr's but that got boring aswell lol

kingnoob

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2005
hey guys im new to this forum but id say go on ebay and get ureself an ATI radeon 9800pro they old but there dam good cards