Pc kinda dead

Join Discord

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003
Hi guys dunno if this is a problem anyone can solve without lookin inside my actual pc but worth a try.

Right well y/day my pc was overheating so checked it out turns out the fan on my powerpack wasnt working so ok.. pc still booted up i cooled it down with a house fan left the fan blowing into the pc a while.. and i bought a new powerpack today unplugged the old one put the new one in pressed the power switch and omg pc wouldnt boot up like wtf :cray:.

Anyway i tried my old powerpack in it again and it still wont boot up i double checked all the plugs etc and nothin.. then i try the new powerpack in this pc and it works.

So has anyone got any ideas what may have fked up? any help appreciated thanks in advance.

/Stu

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
So the PC won't power on at all?

Are you sure you didn't knock any condensators over on the mobo or anything?

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003
nope i didnt knock any condensers on the mobo jus checked em all =/. my dad says mobo is probably dead i hope not only bought it a few month ago :|

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
The tube shaped thingys (theres a lot of them on the mobo).

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003
yeah checked em all i didnt knock any im so fkin annoyed i cant figure out whats wrong my pc was working with the old powerpack in before i got the new 1 i just had it open and a house fan blowing into it to keep it cool and as soon as i put the new fkin pack in it wont work.. my Intel Processor fan spins once then nothing else happens :mad:. i'm gonna have 2 take i 2 a fkin shop aint i? :( .

/Stu

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Hey wtf i got this problem 2? just today! unplug ur hdd and i bet that will boot up then but when u plug it in it dies n disables the power lead sum how but if u plug it in the moniter then back into the power suply it works again hmm i need the fix for this too im anoyed aswell how weird.!

EDIT:eek:k man im be`ing kind here (not like me) youv bought the wrong power suply for the machine i have just borrowed a powe suply temp for like 5 mins and it fixed my problem so check wot ur system is search for the power suply online all i can suggest m8y boiiiiiiiii haha

Last edited:

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Yep. You have more than likly picked up the wrong power pack :( I just went out and brought the exact same power pack as i had before,because i knew it would work ^__^

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
PassTheBlam said:
It's called a capacitor
In estonian it's a "kondensaator" and condensator sounded sort of right so i used that word.

Yep. You have more than likly picked up the wrong power pack
frown.gif
I just went out and brought the exact same power pack as i had before,because i knew it would work ^__^
Afaik the only way you could get the ''wrong'' psu is if you would buy an ATX for an AT socket or the other way around, which however i doubt he did as the socket wouldn't match and you couldn't connect it.

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Check the wattage on the power supply. Original to new.

If you have a 250 Watt power supply and you are using alot of power hungry PCI AGP cards, too many HDD's CD-R drives that go over 250 Watts when switched on you will need a 400 Watt PSU.

Try unplugging all the cards out of your PC apart from the GFX card (unless its On-Board) switch the PC on with just a monitor/keyboard/mouse/power(obviously) plugged in and see how it goes.

If not look for leaking/bulging capacitors on the motherboard, if you plugged the wrong "Voltage" of PSU into the MoBo you could have overloaded them, overloaded capacitors bulge or leak, if this happens you will need a new motherboard.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Stoyz said:
Check the wattage on the power supply. Original to new.

If you have a 250 Watt power supply and you are using alot of power hungry PCI AGP cards, too many HDD's CD-R drives that go over 250 Watts when switched on you will need a 400 Watt PSU.

Try unplugging all the cards out of your PC apart from the GFX card (unless its On-Board) switch the PC on with just a monitor/keyboard/mouse/power(obviously) plugged in and see how it goes.

If not look for leaking/bulging capacitors on the motherboard, if you plugged the wrong "Voltage" of PSU into the MoBo you could have overloaded them, overloaded capacitors bulge or leak, if this happens you will need a new motherboard.
Capacitors can also be changed. Had to replace some on my server machines old mobo - some of them had started leaking (mobo been raped for the past 4 years), changed them and it's all working fine.