Problem with some items.

smoochy boys on tour

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
Running 3.55 with latest Euro client. Thing is when a character puts on certain weapons for example:
(
Scimitar
Trident
CursedTrident
CursedScimitar

Probably many more I have test yet.
)

The character goes invisible, meaning his character is no longer blitted on screen. How can I make them normal?

Last edited:

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
well on the 3.55 servers i have played.. alot of nooby weapons make you disappear. ive seen they simply just remove the items from the db. dont know if there is a way to actually use the items, atleast I havent seen it yet.

Upvote 0

Tass

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
the item shapes in the database dont match those in the Will files

Upvote 0

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
the item shapes in the database dont match those in the Will files

The shapes are fine. You see the correct shape of the item in your inventory and on your character screen after its equipped. It just makes your Body go invisible. Inconceivable ?

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Those items are in M/WM-Weapon10 which cannot be viewed (I haven't managed it anyway) using these files. This has been fixed on the Upcoming Sting3G server.. keep an eye out for it!!

If it makes your body go invisible it is because there is no weapon at that slot in that file.

What other servers have done is make it so that the trident looks like the BroadBladedSpear, the Scimitar looks like an Iron Sword etc.

You will notice that the following are messed up.

Scimitar
Trident
BronzeAxe
ValorBlade
Dagger
HookedSword
Another 3 I am not sure of their in-game names.

If anyone knows what info to put into the database to make them look right without having to alter the data files (and will save Sting3G a 10mb patch), post here plzz. :D

Upvote 0

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
I just changed the shapes of the weapons that aren't working correctly for now.
Should be fine. But now a new problem has arose. Seems MSSQL is eating bandwidth for nothing. I just turn on the server pc with nothing else running but MSSQL and it seems to be eating bandwidth. Using MSSQL Server 2000a as instructed. Thought it was protected against the slammer worm? Even after Service pack 4.

What to do, what to do...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0