Psp

smoochy boys on tour

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
I’m thinking of buying one but i have my droughts as I don’t think its really worth paying 200quid for it or if it is value for cash.
Does anyone have it? if so what are your opinions on it? Also how much does a game cost and can you watch DVD’s on it (and how much do they cost).
Reason I’m thinking of buying it is that I’m going Canada soon and it’s a 9hour flight = boring as i wont be able to sleep.

Thanks in advance

Naitokami

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2005
UK
they are good but the dvds cost as much as the propa dvds u would buy and the games i should think would be around £20 but i think they are not worth the money they will soon drop so just w8 iam lol and plus if u bought one now there isnt much games out for them at the moment

wtf-this-time

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2005
jamis said:
I’m thinking of buying one but i have my droughts as I don’t think its really worth paying 200quid for it or if it is value for cash.
Does anyone have it? if so what are your opinions on it? Also how much does a game cost and can you watch DVD’s on it (and how much do they cost).
Reason I’m thinking of buying it is that I’m going Canada soon and it’s a 9hour flight = boring as i wont be able to sleep.

Thanks in advance

I have my droughts about it too.

/Rick-e

Stop

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2005
Portable gaming is just another device of the devil used to get money from you for normal games with the quality turned off.

.burn money?

:doggy!:

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Stop said:
Portable gaming is just another device of the devil used to get money from you for normal games with the quality turned off.

.burn money?

The quality looks alright, imo the graphics are the best by far on a portable console.
As for not being alot of games around, there are alot such as GrandTurismo 4, SpiderMan 2 and alot more (im sure of it).

I just think that 200quid is alot to waste on a game that I wont use often. The better thing about Nintendo DS is that if your mate buys alot of games for the console he can send you all the games for free saving you cash. I dont think you can do that on PsP.

Also the PSP design is ace.

Btw - Ricky, piss off honestly "WOW YOU MADE A MISTAKE LOOK I BOLDED THE WORD HAHAHA" get a life you retard.

And get the **** off my thread *****.

Stop

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2005
jamis said:
imo the graphics are the best by far on a portable console.

Yes they are probably the best on a portable console, but thats still fcuking sh!t quality compared to those games on proper consoles or a computer, and for that price i wouldn't even think twice about telling anyone trying to sell me one to get the fcuk lost.

Think of it like this, where exactly do you go that you would actually use that £200 peice of equipment and not make you look like a stupid nerd that cant even stop playing games when he goes outside.

When you think about buying something like that you know the devil doesn't want you to have a social life.

However if you already have no friends and dont plan on meeting anyone anytime soon then buy 7 of them.

.ranting

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Stop said:
Yes they are probably the best on a portable console, but thats still fcuking sh!t quality compared to those games on proper consoles or a computer, and for that price i wouldn't even think twice about telling anyone trying to sell me one to get the fcuk lost.

Think of it like this, where exactly do you go that you would actually use that £200 peice of equipment and not make you look like a stupid nerd that cant even stop playing games when he goes outside.

When you think about buying something like that you know the devil doesn't want you to have a social life.

However if you already have no friends and dont plan on meeting anyone anytime soon then buy 7 of them.

.ranting

As i said the only reason im thinking of buying this is because its a 9hour flight from England to Canada where i will stay for weeks at my cousins. And if you like games that doesnt make you a nerd .... well it does but i dont constantly play.

Oh btw does anyone know if im even allowed with one on the plane :S? they usually say it scrambles the frequency or something of the plane and not to use.

DarkXxX-2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2004
on a 9 hour flight they usually show things called films ;)

hope that helps

Stop

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2005
You can use these sort of things on most planes after takeoff (when seat belt light goes off), but some dont let you

A 9 hour flight isn't long to find something else to do (sleep, music, draw, read, inflight movie etc).

If you dont play games that often think about how much you will use a portable console when you dont have a proper one or PC that you could use instead, its all about how well can you justify the cost, if its going to sit in your room most of the time then whats the point.

Also think about what you would be doing in a situation if you didn't have it, then pick out the pros/cons and compare.

Last edited:

HolyCow

I dunno about you guys but personally when I leave the house it's usually to do something other than play games. If I want to play games then I have everything I could possibly need right here at home. The main problem I have with the PSP is that there's hardly any new games for it, they're all just re-done versions of old games (e.g. Ridge Racer, Wipeout, THUG, etc). The only game that interests me at the moment is Mercury... but I already have Marble Madness on my Mega Drive ;)

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've played the PSP and I gotta say its an amazing device

I played RidgeRacer (Which btw HolyCow is a new game, Would you call a sequel 're-done' I doubt it so dont apply it to alot of the psp games)

And Lumines which is fecking addictive especially if you even remotely like Tetris

HolyCow

:)

I know this, I've played it at length myself, what I meant was there's nothing new about the PSP. What's new and fresh about a sequal? Okay, you get extra modes/characters/cars/levels/whatever but be honest, is there anything in the PSP version of Ridge Racer that you haven't seen somewhere else before? Why bother buying it if all you're paying for is portable versions of games you already have? Where's the innovation?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
HolyCow said:
:)

I know this, I've played it at length myself, what I meant was there's nothing new about the PSP. What's new and fresh about a sequal? Okay, you get extra modes/characters/cars/levels/whatever but be honest, is there anything in the PSP version of Ridge Racer that you haven't seen somewhere else before? Why bother buying it if all you're paying for is portable versions of games you already have? Where's the innovation?

Innovation aint that big a thing, Casual Gamers dont want innovation they want sequels to games they like

I own a DS Which is meant to be very innovative and tbh atm Im not that impressed, Maybe when more games come out...

Oh and the psp is getting very few sequels Alot of the up and coming games are brand new

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
i see what u mean. like when the PS2 came out they made new games that could only be played on PS2 as for PSP all remakes of others kinda **** i think ill w8 for price to drop b4 i even think of getting on but i might try the DS

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Xander said:
i see what u mean. like when the PS2 came out they made new games that could only be played on PS2 as for PSP all remakes of others kinda **** i think ill w8 for price to drop b4 i even think of getting on but i might try the DS

You aint looked at the up and coming list then have you?

Dont listen to fanboys telling you every PSP game is a remake
very Very very Very few of em are and if they are alot is added

The only thing people can complain about is that the PSP will at least get the same game when it comes to multi-format releases because finally there is a handheld out that there that is powerful enough

Nintendo have been holding back for too long imo
Xander try the DS in a year when full proper innovative games are out for it Because atm games like Yoshi Touch & Go and Pac-Pix are little more than tech demo's

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
If you had the choice what would be the handheld you would by i stuck between PSP and DS never really liked Nintendo consoles but i have a diff feeling about this but still not to sure about the PSP

HolyCow

To make things clear - the DS is not a portable gaming device. Rumour has it that details of Nintendo's next handheld will be revealed at E3.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
PSP

Theres about 2 games Im looking forward too on the DS
Kirby: Canvas Curse and FF3

Theres @ least 10 on the PSP

Personally I'd go for both But if I realy had to choose i'd pick the psp