QuestBook

smoochy boys on tour

Forbidden

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2007
Hi all,

Ive taken to time to script a QuestBook and I have tested it,

You will have to make the quest items in the database.

Rename the file and call it Quest-0 and then in Merchant.txt put this:
Quest 0 164 234 (Quest)_Example 0 2

Enjoy!

Attachments

• QuestBook.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Nice one..

Some suggestions...

Move all of your Quests to the initial @Main section.. even if its just something like.

Beginners Quests
Intermediate Quests
Advanced Quests
Weapon Quests

When you making sections for the Scripts, make them more descriptive, rather than just @Yes etc as this will help in the future when tracing any faults and/or incorporating into other scripts (Like the Diary).

Still a very good script though :)

Forbidden

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2007
Nice one..

Some suggestions...

Move all of your Quests to the initial @Main section.. even if its just something like.

Beginners Quests
Intermediate Quests
Advanced Quests
Weapon Quests

When you making sections for the Scripts, make them more descriptive, rather than just @Yes etc as this will help in the future when tracing any faults and/or incorporating into other scripts (Like the Diary).

Still a very good script though :)

Thank you Sting :), I will try your suggestions next time :)

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Theres an error in that script. It's missing an #SAY command. Not picking - just so you know. (Only had a quick scan through).

CrusaderIssy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2007
Code:
[@CLR]
#SAY
{FCOLOR/1}[{FCOLOR/12}  Quest Stage: 3 - 1   {FCOLOR/1}]{FCOLOR/12} \\
Welcome to the ClearRing Quest\
To Make a ClearRing You need 5\
[COLOR="Red"]TeleportHeart's[/COLOR]. Once you have them\     [COLOR="Blue"] <<<<Just a spelling error.[/COLOR]
I Can Make you a new ClearRing,\
<[I Have The hearts]/@reward14>\
<[Ok, I'll go find the hearts]/@exit>\

Looks like a good script though although it could do with some flags to stop people using the quest over and over again and gaining lots of the items thus flooding your server with them.

Just my opinions though,
Chris

EDIT: Would you mind if I re-worked a little of the script and put it back here for you. Won't be much different but there's just a few bit's I'd tweak if it's ok. If not just say and I'll leave it alone ;)

Last edited:

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Pissing My Self... Its My ****in Npc.... Addy No Point Trying To Steal As You Stole My Full Warzone Files.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Pissing My Self... Its My ****in Npc.... Addy No Point Trying To Steal As You Stole My Full Warzone Files.
I was suspicious lmao since he had to ask me to make him a basic take item give item NPC haha

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK

Tom that one is mine, i made it ages ago.... WarZone has been deleted as u deleted mine when you got kicked.