QuestDiary...

Diversity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2010
got a working scirpt of this type of quest, where npc collects x amount of items but im trying to add another one.. and i get errors in m2server, witch iv found replies on but none that help me.

do i have to have these names of the folder/txt ?

QuestDiary/Variables/Integral.txt

or can i rename them ?

QuestDiary/Variables/Collect.txt

thanks for help :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
might help if you posted the errors and your npc.

Upvote 0

Diversity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2010
[02/05/2010 10:49:26] [Npc Condition Error] Cmd:CHECKVAR NPC:qtwo Map:0 (232:291) Param1:Global Param2:ItemCount Param3:> Param4:999 Param5:

Upvote 0

Diversity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2010
Ok iv got an npc in game where any 1 is server can collect "item" and take it to the npc and hand it in.. npc will then say 42/100 collected blah blah.. and any 1 in the server can take part in this.. and its working fine. but i cant seem to make another npc simaler to this cant get it working. get errors on script that say variables not found, plus them m2servers.
so i was wondering like i said in the 1st post, is it some thing to do with the names of the folders / txt file.. ?

Upvote 0

Perrin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2005
your trying to use the same named vaiables to do and store 2 different sets of information, that aint possible. the new script cant use the same named variables as the original one else it wraps its self in knots.

Upvote 0

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
I just had a same sorta problem as you... But i only have one script useing variables and integer, It keept coming up with " Variable not found " same as you... but it wasnt anything to do with 2 scripts collideing, Mine was a simple scripting error... CHECKNAMELIST wasnt pointed at the right location for the NAMELIST.txt it needed to be checking for resulting in
" Variable not found "...

Im not saying thats what it is im just giveing you
some thing else to check over. :001_smile:

Upvote 0