question about 2.3 files

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
i know you need to download need SQL Server 2005 + SP1
which i have and install but am gettin this message, am using Windows XP Media edition .. (SP2)

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
Does it even run on windows media edition? i thought it was for media stuff not hosting i saw a thread with the same question in a few weeks back check it out see if anyone came up with any ideas good luck.

Upvote 0

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
its frustratin mate cos i looked on lomcn and looked on microsoft.com (cos media edtion already comes with sp2 neway)

and i cant even find an update to see if that wud work have u ne ideas what the error means ????

I so wanna play around with the 2.3 files!!

Upvote 0

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
so u mean its already on my computer ???

What Software are you planning to use? I used MSSQL but other people use other software.

I did post a guide for new people or people who didnt know much about the files or how to set them up.
It got deleted by BabyHack. Sorry.

Lyncus

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
What Software are you planning to use? I used MSSQL but other people use other software.

I did post a guide for new people or people who didnt know much about the files or how to set them up.
It got deleted by BabyHack. Sorry.

Lyncus

yer np i can get hold off MSSQL its already on Microsoft office right ??? Do you have a guide you can attach on here that i can download, i have pm'd you mate have u added me to msn ???

Id appriacate any help i really would, i looked at the server files and they seem easy enuff,

Thanks for you replies mate am really greatful! :)

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
if you simply use the access database provided you dont need to install or use sql

try reading the lomcn server project stickied topics it is fairly easy to understand

Upvote 0

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
if you simply use the access database provided you dont need to install or use sql

try reading the lomcn server project stickied topics it is fairly easy to understand

You dont have to use sql for the files no, buts its alot better to use sql.

Lyncus

Upvote 0

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003

ok ... i will admit am gettin a little confused;

iv looked at this link http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43456 and read but i dont think its what i need? I have the server files, and the chinese data folder, the prob im havin is to do with SQLServer2005 SP 1, (that is a database right? works same a dbcommander?) but for some reason or another i cant use it.

So is there an alternate to that I can use, and I know i really shouldnt ask this and ur prob gunna think I aint got a chance of settin up the files, but what exactly do i need to get a 2.3 server up and running and to really push my luck have u any idea where i can get hold of a ''idiots'' setup guide.

Sorry lol and thanks :)

Upvote 0