Reading tables in sql

Join Discord

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ok, just wondering if this is possible before I start writing the script.

If I wanted to make a system based on accumulated points... and have an npc that reads the top 10 and outputs it, how would I write that? Obv I could sort the table by the highest amount in but how would I get it to read the ones with the highest figures in sql on the npc?

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
dun if u can do it in a npc script , but i think u could do it easy in a php srcipt and put the top on srv's site , in case u dont know how to make it in php have a look in kaori's ams code u should figure it out (not sure if this ideea works but its the only thing i can think at :P)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
dun if u can do it in a npc script , but i think u could do it easy in a php srcipt and put the top on srv's site , in case u dont know how to make it in php have a look in kaori's ams code u should figure it out (not sure if this ideea works but its the only thing i can think at :P)

I believe this can be done with SQL scripts of some kind, to do A to one table and output B in another table, then you would get Mir to read from Table B.

I think Coly knows how to do this, or you could search the internet, its not something I know how to do.

I have done this same thing using an External VB program that runs on a timer and refreshes the table every X minutes. I suppose it depends on what you are good at. :)

Ok, just wondering if this is possible before I start writing the script.

If I wanted to make a system based on accumulated points... and have an npc that reads the top 10 and outputs it, how would I write that? Obv I could sort the table by the highest amount in but how would I get it to read the ones with the highest figures in sql on the npc?

This way will work fine, but as you say, its only on the web site.

Upvote 0