Reviews On Aion

Join Discord

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Each post so far has actually mainly been discussing about the open beta dates none provided brilliant infromation really.

So i'm asking you :) , I've already got it on pre-order and can't wait for it but what are your views really, How are the graphics, the gameplay, the questing, the PvP what dungeons are there if at all. How similar is this game to the world of warcraft?

Thanks for your time.

/czelda

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Graphics: good
Gameplay: sluggish and boring
PvP: Barely saw any but i belive there is
PvE: again sluggish and boring
Skills: nice system of linking skills to skills but again nothing new.

Ive stuck to wow and i doubt ill be going back to aion, i cancelled my preorder after playing beta...

Chlorr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
gameplay was smooth and quite easy to run at the highest specifacations, the concept of socketing your items similar to the old diablo games allow general customisation of kits right from the start, skill chaining is a nice feature and the stigma stone feature allowing you to use other skills from a diff class adds even more to the content imo (you unlock being able to use more stones the higher your level)

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Chlorr you seem to be the only person who's given a proper review.

Saying sluggish, basically meaning slow i presume, why exactly? that doesn't really help me in all due honestly.

Skill linking seems like something i'd like to give a shot, and Chlorr thanks for a full update.

DemonX may i ask what level you got too, if it's below 10 then i highly doubt you've got a grasp on aerial combat? PvP is high apparently, so i'm beggining to think you gave it an hour then dropped. Could you give a bit of a clearer review? However thanks for answering the questions a little.

MentaL.. well you hardly helped lol on answering any questions xD

/czelda

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Slow and sluggish, as in the running the attacks etc. I didnt really dedicate that much time to it because i just couldent stand the fact you ran as fast as a fat kid running away from a chocolate bar...

I honestly dont remember what level i got to but i did get wings so must have been above level 10 but again i really dont remember :S

Its all about opinion really and i for one, will not be leaving wow to play this, same as countless others, but as i said it all depends on what you like, i just prefer games that have a kind of flow and dont try to make the graphics look too real :S.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
What a waste of money my brother pre orderd it, it takes him 3hours toget online what will happen when the games released to the world, WoW is just as bad proberly the worst game they've made in my opinion

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Brilliant game, warriors are fantastic, not a huge fan of assasins and i have yet to try casters.

The graphics are stunning along with aerial combat it brings a new level to this game, it's slower than wow in leveling but the servers i've been on so far there's been less spam and retarded comments than i've seen in WoW.

Don't get me wrong a kid came on and said "Dirge lol" to which no-one continued it and just valued the guy a retard while others continue to help each other with quests. I like the fact you can also post your map to another play and mark it with where quest items drop and so forth, it really does just make things a ton easier. Also I won't deny it was crappy waiting to come online due to the servers full.. But that happened for WoW every expansion so far. {please don't say no it hasn't i've played it 5 years i remember the frustration}. It does still have it's bugs here and there but other than that i'd say it's a brilliant game if you want something new.

Finally player customization, dyes, body structure, facial structure they're all customizable and they bring the uniqueness to your character. If you don't mind slow leveling but enjoy gameplay and graphics. I advice this game.

/czeldabolg

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
i played abit Aion and if you ask me it will be a fail like WarHammer Online and Age Of Conan