Ronaldo to Madrid

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Official that Man Utd have accepted an £80million offer for Ronaldo.

Crazy money and any club should accept that type of bid for any player.

So, who to replace him? Goin to be difficult, as he is the main player that wins things for Man Utd.

They have a decent defence, but will need a right back, as Neville is past it, and the Silva kids (Ones a RB ones a LB) are a little too young to fill that space perm.

Midfield is really poor, only Hargreaves is good enough, and he's always injured.

Giggs and Scholes are past it to fill that space for a full season, Fletcher is an average player playing well in a good team, and Carrick is the most over rated player in the prem. Can pass a 60 yard ball, but cant do anything else.

Anderson and Nani are not good enough, yet anyway.

Then up front they only have Rooney now... unless thay persuade Tevez to stay.
Berbatov is too lazy, one hell of a player but wont cut it in the Man Utd team, they need more flair.

So could be an interesting season for Man Utd, to see how they cope without the big headed Portugese.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I think for that price theres no way you can turn it down.

I'd like to see somebody like Ribery come in to fill in Ronaldos space and a forward, Tevez if he will stay if not somebody like Benzema who will play off the last defender would be great.

As for right back your forgetting Wes Brown is back, who proved in the euro cup winning year he can be a quality player.

You can get a lot of decent players for 80m, personally I'd like to see:
25m Tevez, 30m? Ribery, and that still leaves 25m for a decent defensive midfielder...

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think for that price theres no way you can turn it down.

I'd like to see somebody like Ribery come in to fill in Ronaldos space and a forward, Tevez if he will stay if not somebody like Benzema who will play off the last defender would be great.

As for right back your forgetting Wes Brown is back, who proved in the euro cup winning year he can be a quality player.

You can get a lot of decent players for 80m, personally I'd like to see:
25m Tevez, 30m? Ribery, and that still leaves 25m for a decent defensive midfielder...
I dont think Brown is good enough either, to be fair. They still need a quality RB.

Ribery would be a good signing, but reported they wont settle for less then £40million.

Benzema would be expensive too, £20mil? Then its £28mil for Tevez I believe.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I think Brown can handle it, he's not the best by any means but he can hold his own, especially against some of the top teams thankfully.

Buying Ribery would be difficult anyway I think, he's linked with a bunch of clubs including RM who are paying silly money for everybody. Wishful thinking to be honest.

But still, I think 80m is a bargain. If Fergie spends it wisely he could really fill in some gaps in the Utd team.

Edit: The only problem is the bidding wars, with Chelsea, RM and City all able to outbid Utd I can see us struggling to find the transfers.

Last edited:

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
Ribery wnt go to man u or real hes stated he wnts to stay where he is

im glad the moaning cry baby **** as finally fukd of
im sure man u wnt get the hole 80m for transfer as evenone
no's they need to pay bills. dnt think there buy tevez nw
and maybe benzeman will go for bout 30 40m

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think Brown can handle it, he's not the best by any means but he can hold his own, especially against some of the top teams thankfully.

Buying Ribery would be difficult anyway I think, he's linked with a bunch of clubs including RM who are paying silly money for everybody. Wishful thinking to be honest.

But still, I think 80m is a bargain. If Fergie spends it wisely he could really fill in some gaps in the Utd team.

Edit: The only problem is the bidding wars, with Chelsea, RM and City all able to outbid Utd I can see us struggling to find the transfers.
Thats just it, Fergie needs to buy responsible, no more silly, high costing mistakes like Carrick, Berbatov, Veron!!.

Stay clear of bidding wars, and try get the best deal you can.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
I dont think Brown is good enough either, to be fair. They still need a quality RB.

Ribery would be a good signing, but reported they wont settle for less then £40million.

Benzema would be expensive too, £20mil? Then its £28mil for Tevez I believe.

Im sure i saw it stated that bayern wouldnt sell him.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Bayern are doing everything they can to hang on to Ribery but they didn't even top their league, if a bid comes in he will leave.

It's a really tricky situation, if Fergie rushes out and buys then he will have to pay over the odds. If he bides his time to bid then he could miss out all together. It could make or break next season.

I'm hoping he finds a bargain, but its not easy these days. I think Valencia might be worth a try.

And please Liverpool fans lets not discuss paying bills, we all know how much financial trouble your in.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
surely you hate BANKS too ?? And Private Equity funds??? And anyone else who decides what the **** they wanna do with their money !?