Server & Webhosting - Ideas & Costs

mapadale

I've recently bought some rack space, which is due to be filled up with high spec servers, both on Linux and Windows platforms. What I'm asking from the members of lomcn, is expected costs to be paid for either dedicated server or Web hosting. I don't want any silly stupid responses from people and if you are going to give a stupid response, then don't bother replying.

What I'm looking at is bringing low cost dedicated server and web hosting, I've done enough research through web sources to have a rough idea on prices to charge, to get a better understanding I would like to know from normal day to day users such as yourselves.

Below are a couple of templates for both dedicated server and web hosting, just fill in the blanks for me.

Web Hosting:

Cost: Per Month / Per Quarter / Per Year
Web space:
Bandwidth:
How many ftp accounts:
How many email accounts:
how many SQL database:
How many sub domains:

Please bare in mind the cost would need to be on par with everything else, as offering everything at unlimited for as little as £1 is never going to happen.

Dedicated Servers:

Cost: Per Month | Per Quarter | Per Year
How many IPs:
Operating System:
Server Specs:
Bandwidth:

As with the Web Hosting, please be realistic with your response. As yet again a high spec server is not going to go for a low cost. Also with all the servers, each has it's own 100mb connection on a 1TB pipe, which is contended to all the servers we have. But do have the function for each server to be ranged and un contended through it's main connection.

All response's that are reasonable will help us to decide on cost for both solutions, also all our servers are UK based.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I only have experience in Web Hosting, so I'll stick to what I know:

Cost: £5-£9/month (without a contract, cheaper with)
Web space: 200-500gb
Bandwidth: Unlimited
How many ftp accounts: Unlimited
How many email accounts: Unlimited
How many SQL database: 2+
How many sub domains: Unlimited

Going off my previous web-host, whom I would go back to when/if I decide to get space again.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I'm with JealY, i'd pay £10 a month for what he listed, maybe would like a little more space.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I only have experience in Web Hosting, so I'll stick to what I know:

Cost: £5-£9/month (without a contract, cheaper with)
Web space: 200-500gb
How many SQL database: 2+

Going off my previous web-host, whom I would go back to when/if I decide to get space again.

Wow I'd never pay more than £5 p/m for personal use. This is what I used to pay for, ok it was US hosted but i never had an issue.

Cost: $7/month (£4.25 current exchange rate) (without a contract, a 12month contract works out a dollar cheaper per month)
Web space: 500gb
How many SQL database: Unlimited

For UK though those prices are ok, definitely at least 500gb though

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah Tai, I said £5-£9 for the UK option because Mapa's will be in the UK, plus I just rounded up.

We're both basing it off Surpass.