Slumdog Millionaire

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
What with all the film threads popping up i'm amazed that no-ones comment on this epic piece of work.
The editing, it's homage to the Bollywood style, despite being independantly British - the filming in location (in contrast to the usual style of studios). The acting, and did i already say the editing! Film mastery at it's best.

It's not just the filmic elements, but the storyline itself is one of excellence. And a Danny Boyle film too.

It rightly deserves every award it has won, and will go on to win.

Discuss!?
/Gand

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Was a fantastic film, the best I have been to see at the Cinema for a while.

Not really my kind of film, as I tend to only watch horrors/comedys, but this film really opens your eyes, and makes you become interested in "What happens next".

Fantastic.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I think Sky pretty much summed up how I felt about it.

Great film, one of the best I've seen in a while.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I dont like English actors, So this film would probably annoy me.

craigj

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
South Wales !!
lol prai, anyhow can anyone tell me wht its like..

I was watching the 2009 Best actor emmy awards other neight on foxtel, and the young asian kid won the award for best young acting although (Daniel Radcliffe and Co. are the best :mooned:)

DeathsDoor

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 9, 2004
Kurdistan
I dont like English actors, So this film would probably annoy me.

they're indian

lol prai, anyhow can anyone tell me wht its like..

I was watching the 2009 Best actor emmy awards other neight on foxtel, and the young asian kid won the award for best young acting although (Daniel Radcliffe and Co. are the best :mooned:)

wtf is "neight" ? loooool

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Roffle, Dev Patel (i think that's his name, cba to search) is British. He sounds British too, he was said to have found it hard to keep the accent he put on in the film, and in bits you can hear the British-ness in his voice.

Epic Film, again like i said watch it. Even if its not your sort of film.

And Prai you're always so narrow minded, there's alot of Indian's that worked on the production team, and possibly the cast too (although i dont know this). So although it's an independant British film it doesn't feel it.
Although i do want to say Indie British Films are wayyy better than alot of Yank stuff.

/Gand

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Roffle, Dev Patel (i think that's his name, cba to search) is British. He sounds British too, he was said to have found it hard to keep the accent he put on in the film, and in bits you can hear the British-ness in his voice.

Epic Film, again like i said watch it. Even if its not your sort of film.

And Prai you're always so narrow minded, there's alot of Indian's that worked on the production team, and possibly the cast too (although i dont know this). So although it's an independant British film it doesn't feel it.
Although i do want to say Indie British Films are wayyy better than alot of Yank stuff.

/Gand

I didnt say anything about the film, I just said I dont like British actors.

Movie will alway be American for me.

What so narrow minded about that.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
I didnt say anything about the film, I just said I dont like British actors.

Movie will alway be American for me.

What so narrow minded about that.

I completely agree, majority of English actors can't act for ****! Americans just seem to make everything more believable.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
You serious? Caine, Hopkins, Mckellen, Rickman, Brannagh, Cleese. Just a list of a few male actors, but each a legend in his field (as they're all so different). Don't get me wrong, i like alot of American actors, but i guess im very patriotic to English Film.
Half of America's greatest films have got english actors or even directors etc. Hitchcokc (sp - due to filter) was English, talking of which, one of the greatest film actors of all time, Cary Grant was in mostly American films but was English.
Don't be so quick to classify English as ****. We may not produce the same quantity of films, but English films are (on average) of a better quality.

(And i dont get what you mean by movie will be American, as in you will use the term movie regarding American work and film for English?)

/G

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Maybe he means the new generation of English, which some i can agree with.

But still cant knock this film.