Stargate The Ark of Truth

smoochy boys on tour

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Well if your a Stargate fan you will be shocked when they told the world that Season10 will be the last and there will be releasing 2 films to end the Plot of the ORI.

The Ark of Truth will be released on DVD this fall. (read somwhere)

With the Ori forces poised to launch a final assault on Earth, SG-1 must travel to their home galaxy in search of a way to stop their onslaught.
clear.gif

NEWS & SPOILERS
(Newest information is added to the bottom)
clear.gif

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week. "It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.

The studio is targetting a fall 2007 release for both projects -- just a few months after Stargate SG-1 ends its historic, 10-year run on cable television. It's entirely possible that the movies will also be aired on television -- something SCI FI commonly does with direct-to-DVD movies.

"They're not big-budget [films] by any definition, but for us it's pretty good," Wright said. "As we've proven over the years, just give us little more money and we can make pretty good television, or DVDs."
(Executive producer Brad Wright, in an interview with TV Guide [story])

Filming will begin April 15, 2007, actor Michael Shanks told IGN.com.

The storyline "has to do with wrapping up the Ori storyline, which is the storyline that has taken prominence for the last two years of the show. I don't know if [Cooper] is going to wrap it up completely or bring it to some conclusion for the sake of the fans and the franchise, to bring that epic struggle to a close."
(Actor Michael Shanks, in an interview with IGN.com)

"We feel that we have an obligation to finish telling the story that we started telling," writer-director Robert C. Cooper said. "Right now, we know for sure that the main cast of Season Ten will be returning: Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, Claudia Black, and Amanda Tapping. Beyond that, we are still working on it. I know that Brad's put a call into Richard Dean Anderson ['Jack O'Neill']. ... We're hopeful he'll make an appearance, whether he's in both [movies] or just one. We're not sure yet.

"And we have some surprises we're hoping to pull out of our hats for returning villains and allies that we don't have confirmation on yet." But there are currently no plans for any Stargate Atlantis cast members to appear in the film.

Pre-production will begin in March, with a shooting schedule of about four weeks.

The budget will be bigger than a television episode, Cooper also said, "but it's nowhere near what a feature has. We're going to have to use our magical powers to make these look like they're big movies. They're still TV movie budgets."
(Writer-director Robert C. Cooper, in an interview at StargateSG1.com)

"We're probably going to produce a little 1-hour special that will be included on the DVDs that will help you get caught up if you haven't been watching the series. ... We're doing a 1-hour special called 'Stargate Mythology,' which is not just a clips show to get up to speed, but will also explore the concept of mythology as it relates to the Stargate universe."
(Writer-director Robert C. Cooper, in an interview at StargateSG1.com)

"That's going to be the story that [Robert Cooper] wanted to end the season with. It's going to be a big, splashy feature film. ... It is a great story. It's a big story. It involves travelling to the Ori galaxy."
(Executive producer Brad Wright, in an interview at StargateSG1.com)

"As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the Supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The I.O.A. has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies."
(MGM press release - January 15, 2007)

The war with the forces of the Ori continues. But Earth (and all of our galaxy) has just gotten a major break: Tominhttp://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/tominii.shtml, Vala's husband and a commander of the invading armies, has defected.

SG-1 brings Tomin to Earth, and he tells them that the worshippers of the Ori are about to bring another wave of warships through the intergalactic Supergate. There has been little we could do to stand up to only the first four ships ("Flesh and Blood") -- with dozens of ships fighting their holy war, the Ori victory will be swift. And a coordinated attack on Earth is most certainly imminent.

Tomin is welcomed as a guest, a war-torn soul who is still coming to terms with the fact that he has done terrible things in the service of false gods. But the I.O.A., the agency over the Stargate program, wants to interrogate him as an enemy prisoner. With Richard Woolsey occupied with the Atlantis expedition, they send James Merek to the S.G.C. Merek pretends to be friendly and disarming, an ally just doing his job, but makes it clear to Tomin that he holds him in great disdain, heartlessly confronting him about his war atrocities. Soon Vala can't listen any more.

Meanwhile, SG-1 is planning a bold mission to travel to the Ori home galaxy itself. They are in search of the "Ortus Mallum" (Latin for "place of origin"), perhaps to find the "Ark of Truth," which they hope can put an end to the war. Tomin wishes to go with them, believing that he can help SG-1 make contact with the anti-Ori underground.
(GateWorld news report)

NEW! June 4 - GateWorld has received confirmation from the management of Sarah Strange that the actress will be reprising her role as the Ancient Morgan Le Fay in the film. Le Fay provided covert assistance to SG-1 in the tenth season episode "The Pegasus Project," posing as a holographic recording in the city of Atlantis to direct them to the location of Merlin's anti-Ori weapon. She was whisked away by fellow ascended beings in after helping "lowers" in their quest. Her final fate was left open-ended.

The appearance of Morgan Le Fay in the film indicates that fans will see the ascended Ancients in some form, as the Ori storyline draws to a close.
(GateWorld news report)

this was found on www.gateworld.net

/ancient

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Edited by me

There are a few spoilers as to the story of the 2 TV Movies (stright to DVD), so i stuck in spoiler tags

BH

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
So to summarise...
The first movie, The Ark of Truth, will wrap up the Ori storyline. Continuum, the second movie, will be totally unrelated and involves a timetravel story where Baal has changed history and Sg-1 must go fix things (once again). Both direct to DVD movies are in production as we speak.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
how do SG-1 know ball changed history... thats what i still dont get

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Maybe sg-1 are encompassed in the time-dilation field Baal uses to go change things, or being offworld and protected by a shield they are cut off from the effects (like Teal'c was when Carter rewound time in the last episode).. I've also wondered how they would know.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i thought ba'al died while trying to removed from adria? or dose he return when they change time?

/ancient