Terrariums

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Does anybody here make any or any other variants of that kind of ECO system? Going to try and make one soon from scratch.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Damn we getting old huh? Incoming Gardening section

On a serious note I did make one during lockdown. It was a gift and there was a zoom meeting where some guy in Shoreditch did a tutorial for us on it 🤣 truly a sign of the times

P.s. it died

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Misses got fish, doesn't really look after them anymore, they dying one by one, lol. we got an allotment now too.. put 100's if not 1000's into it.. got a few strawberries and a few tomatoes? bargain!

DIY sections we need -.-

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Did you mean aquarium? To me, terrarium is a cage with only a dish of water.

I once built terrarium for a lizard and a snake. The lizard was on top, taking up two thirds of the total space and the bottom was occupied by a snake fat as your arm :D in a low rectangular space. Wasn't for me but for kids of the pple I work for.

7.5 feet height plus wheels, 8 feet wide and 3 feet depth. The lizard had metal mesh netting from all sides except bottom and back, with half inch square openings and the snake had plywood from all sides except the front was plexiglass double doors. It wasn't in my line but I can do just about anything.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Misses got fish, doesn't really look after them anymore, they dying one by one, lol. we got an allotment now too.. put 100's if not 1000's into it.. got a few strawberries and a few tomatoes? bargain!

DIY sections we need -.-
Would you be allowed to keep bees in it? That's something I'm also very interested in lol
Post automatically merged:

Did you mean aquarium? To me, terrarium is a cage with only a dish of water.

I once built terrarium for a lizard and a snake. The lizard was on top, taking up two thirds of the total space and the bottom was occupied by a snake fat as your arm :D in a low rectangular space. Wasn't for me but for kids of the pple I work for.

7.5 feet height plus wheels, 8 feet wide and 3 feet depth. The lizard had metal mesh netting from all sides except bottom and back, with half inch square openings and the snake had plywood from all sides except the front was plexiglass double doors. It wasn't in my line but I can do just about anything.
That sounds huge but for a snake the size of your arm it then sounds small lol

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Formicariums are my thing 🤩
I was going to get one last year but the mrs wouldn't allow it lol. Ended up getting a starter kit for my friends birthday though
Post automatically merged:

yeah probably, lol There's even a huge "shared" area.
Could be a way to recuperate a bit of money from selling the honey but setup might be a few bob

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
for a snake the size of your arm it then sounds small lol

You'd be surprised how snakes are economical when it comes to their size. Most time you don't see the snake because it spends most of the time tightly coiled inside its 'house' which is a bigger piece of wood hollowed underneath and normal folks are surprised that such a big snake fits in. Once a week or so, you give it a mouse that you buy frozen and have to heat it up with a hairdryer fan... IMO pretty disgusting operation, which the snake gulps down whole (creates a big bump on its body LOL) and retreats to its hideaway soon again. I think it doesn't roam about the cage too much and doesn't need bigger space. In fact, pple keep snakes in much smaller glass walled aquariums type enclosure like the one you show in the OP above. You need heat lamp, I think infrared to keep it warm.

Last edited:

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Sounds like we are all just a bunch of dirty minded people so i feel normal again :P

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
My first terrarium. Doesn't look amazing. I'll be happy as long as it thrives and the cuttings grow in
20230909-160531.jpg

20230909-160537.jpg
20230909-160541.jpg

Last edited: