• Old style Large Maps

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Which map version do you prefer to play?

Old style evils illusion/Judgement of blood (large)

or

New style prelude to war (small)

Wld b greatful if you left a reason aswell.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Farphit said:
Which map version do you prefer to play?

Old style evils illusion/Judgement of blood (large)

or

New style prelude to war (small)

Wld b greatful if you left a reason aswell.
My opinion is that ppl that played ei like the big maps because they never played the small maps
I like the big maps because i know them verry well and the quest npc's it would be different for a 3g server to have main quests in big maps :p.
And you dont have to run that much to repair and buy pots :p

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
so can i ask why u voted small maps? :P

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
i voted large m8 coz...
euro nice few ppl lay and when u in sz 2 many ppl play and not much sz so u can get owned or wn ppl 2 easy so big maps harder 2 kill and harder 2 get killled

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I vote small -

The reason being is that not alot of people play on them so its a different experiance. Thus means people dont know where to go for certain things which give its that time to explore feeling.

That be the reason im using them for my server.

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
look olymp 160+ ish players a day some towns get crowded so i migrate 2 a small town like ginko or mongchon whre no1 goes but if small maps 2 many peeps on 1 map sux

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
that is if the server gets enough players to fill the whole town m8.

Any way I voted for the small maps cause u dont have to walk/run alot just to get to a lvling place.
And I think the smaller maps cause less laggthen the big maps.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
suprisingly enough no ones said they like larger maps because of their detail, which i very suprised with.

my view.
i love the detail of the large maps, bigger means u can still get lost if u dont have a minimap. more adventure, its not all about hunting, its about exploring.

though, i like the 'newness' of the small maps, i havnt explored them, and they look clean, only problem i have with them is there is no complete town, bichon wall should be complete, its the way its bin since the start, i like having the protection from mob with walls, and the fact you have to run around mountains to get to places. though it is really annoying when official updates and i cant add the map propperly.

im very undecided whether to stick to my original large map layout, or go with the basic euromir design.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
we use Both, ^^ mixed Dungeon and KRs and so.

Better Large Maps, more and longer Fun. Look at Wemade, the Old Woomy is again back as small with old Woomy style.

mir3Mist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 11, 2005
Coly said:
we use Both, ^^ mixed Dungeon and KRs and so.

Better Large Maps, more and longer Fun. Look at Wemade, the Old Woomy is again back as small with old Woomy style.
just following on the story of the rebuilding of Bichon tbh they got a story line and theyll be damnd if they go off it prajna island soon as well 2nd map in mir3 eu to have water :p

<< nvr played mir2 just takin what a mate told me irl

i prefer smaller maps as ive grown with them i suppose i joined mir3 late phase 1 beta and i think they had small maps by then