TinyXP for Mir

Join Discord

ViperNight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2012
I recently tried TinyXP for Mir via vmwareplayer and the skill keys (F-Keys) don't work unless I press the 'Fn' button then the skill key.

Anyone know why is this?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
You'll need to enter your BIOS and manually configure it.

Press ESC or F10 or whatever the button is to get into your BIOS when you boot up.

At the
System Configuration menu option, navigate to Action Keys and select Disable if you want to not have to press the [FONT=Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, Lucida Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, Courier New, monospace, serif]FN[/FONT] key to get standard use out of the function keys.

ViperNight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2012
You'll need to enter your BIOS and manually configure it.

Press ESC or F10 or whatever the button is to get into your BIOS when you boot up.

At the
System Configuration menu option, navigate to Action Keys and select Disable if you want to not have to press the FN key to get standard use out of the function keys.

Thanks for the reply.

The bios when tinyxp boots up or the actual OS of the desktop?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Question> does this happen only when using TinyXP, or when using your desktop in general?

If just TinyXP, then it's in the TinyXP bios. If it's your desktop, then your desktop OS bios.

When installing TinyXP, from what I remember you usually get a few options. Standard installation/full installation with choices of having drivers installed or not, having IE/Windows media player etc.

You want to have the fullest installation of TinyXP. The Bios should (it may not be the exact names I suggested in my previous post) have something similar that will allow you to disable the Action key(s).

Let me know if nothing in your BIOS exists and I'll find you a better version of TinyXP to install.

ViperNight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2012
Only when I try play through TinyXP my desktop is fine.

I am pretty sure there is no option like the one you stated our similar. If you could re-commend one I would be greatful cheers.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If you have 'Fn' on your keyboard then you must be either running this on a laptop, or a special keyboard which uses Function Keys.

It's likely not doing it on your main OS because it recognises you pressed the F1 key in general, and doesn't care about its functions - but TinyXP might only be able to read what the current function does.

Try installing this on TinyXp

http://www.autohotkey.com/

and remap your Function keys Fn + F1 etc, to just F1.