Translating chinese mir programs

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
Hey guys i need to translate some chinese mir programs to English,

I opened up hex editor and basically there was way too much there. I only wanna translate what I can see on the interface, is there any way say... I had a login gate running, and I wanted to copy and paste buttons/meus of chinese text... or even find out what characters they are so i can pin point them in hex edit?

Sorry if this is confusing and thanks for any help.

Shinoda

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
If the program was made in delphi, then a resource editor could
help you translate a lot of it easily, also resource editors can alter
dialogs, icons, wavs, resource strings, etc, etc..

Upvote 0

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
Aye i know about HEXing, problem is the program has a lot of chinese on the interface with no way to copy and paste it, very hard to find what I'm looking for.

Also tried resource editor and got nonwhere because the program is encrypted and it ill not open in Resource Editior, only PE Explorer.

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Only other way is to use the "Character map" in your system tools then. Match up part of the string and search for it then change it.

Takes a while but its what i use when translating game interfaces.

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If the application is packed your gonna have to get an unpacker for it

You can find out what its packed with by using an application called Peid some packers can be unpacked easily aspack for example but others are out of our league

As for translating the file use ultraedit32 that way you can @ least see the chinese characters your translating and copy/paste em into babelfish to get a general idea of what it says

Upvote 0