Request Unable to connect to host machine from anothe rocmputer on the same network

Join Discord

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Ok guys I'm hoping someone is gona be able to come to my rescue.

I currently have a server running externally on the same Lan as my gaming computer. when I try and connect to the server using the external ip I get nothing, but when i connect using the servers local ip i can login but cant create a char or see any that are already created.

so when I connect via the servers lan ip which is on say port 7000 i can get past this by set the ip in the server ini file in the client. (login gate works fine)

obviously the rest of the ports used are still pointing to my wan ip.

I'm guessing I'm having this issue as the server machine and gaming machine both have the same Wan ip, is there away i can configure my router to avoid this problem ?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
they are woool files mate, they run very much like the hero files did.

I've got my main server working fine as i has a different Wan. Currently trying to setup a test server to test future updates.

Upvote 0

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
If on the same host it would need to use diff ports

how do you mean ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Sussed it sorry guys i had to set the port triggers to the same ports, so they could accept multiple connections.

Upvote 0