Unable to PK on 3.55

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I know this has been mentioned in that Mega Long thread, so I wanted to do some testing:

First off these two line:
PK±£»¤µÈ¼¶=20
PKתÉúµÈ¼¶²î=10

I went online with two chars, one level 25 and the other 27 lets say. Made sure I turned on Attack all. Nothing - So i went into a Fight Area, again nothing. I will carry on looking through the INI cos I have misssed something simple I am sure - but anyone got a simple answer?

::EDIT:: it was those values, Checked on Another CD.ini from another set of files and they were set at 0, went in game and cold kill myself.

I also noticed the "Do you want to be Revived here/town" even though my Rose brought me back to life...lol

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Personnly he has programmed this entire system wrong, What is is meant to be like I am sure is that If you set say 20 in that Value, then anyone below level 20 Cannot be PK'd or PK other people. If you set it at 20, then anyone UNDER 20 can PK, anyone above this cannot - how Stupid is that?

Least I think - cos I set it at 255 and I still struggled to Kill the other dude. If it is a Fight Area then it should Ignore the PK Settings...But there is this bit in the ChangeLog:

If PK specialized maps, which together with the MapInfo NEWUSERPK

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
One is the level that you can PK, the other is the level that you can be PK'd I think.

I agree with the fight area thing.. should be like that..

You can PK during wars, so there must be some setting that allows it just on that map and just during wars.. I will have a look at what settings are applied during war time.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Well Tranlsated and as came as Standard:

PK protection grades=40
PK reincarnation of poor grades=10

So what would be your Thoery on the above?
One is the level that you can PK, the other is the level that you can be PK'd I think.

So your saying that a Level 10 can if he wanted to PK a Level 40? It would have been simpler to just have one level right? Anything below 25 (in this example) cannot PK or be PK'd, once your above that, your on your own.

I just think most will leave it as 0 & 0 unless somebody has the time to test fully..

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I agree with your reasoning.. seems stupid.. I just thought I read it somewhere that how it works (I can't remember where so I may have dreamt it :P)

Upvote 0