Unity3D

smoochy boys on tour

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Unity3D - My First Attempt

Does anyone on here have experience of Unity3D? would like to pick some brains! I've been working on a space game and started on my space environment (Planets, Skybox and Orbitting scripts etc). Heres a screenshot below.

Update: Made myself a free webspot to show off my project - WebPlayer Project

screenshotjmu.png

And for those who have the time,Here is my test application of it (windows).

Download Link

Last edited:

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I have used unity but for very specific tasks not full blown games (yet). I might be able to help?

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Re: Unity3D - My First Attempt

Does anyone on here have experience of Unity3D? would like to pick some brains! I've been working on a space game and started on my space environment (Planets, Skybox and Orbitting scripts etc). Heres a screenshot below.

screenshotjmu.png

And for those who have the time,Here is my test application of it (windows).

Download Link

Top work mate i've used unity quite abit the graphics side let me down abit it was how i first got into JavaScript.

Haven't looked at it for years because been doing a java programming course and college so keep me updated on your progress ill help with any scripting problems i can help with. There is a few of us on here that use this from time to time, we wanted to make a mir copy on here but 3d but need a good designer Mask attempted this but failed...

EDIT: As said above afshang also wanted to attempt this.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Excellent to know theres a few of us around lol, i done this in one day and facing some problems when importing my side scrolling game script. Managed to find the problem but it effects the quality of the sun (I'm using flares and lighting scripts). No worries, will rerendered the sun with some more effects and add another rotating layer. Currently using C# to code the game in but only got a far as adding a player (spaceship), some coins (collission objects for highscore and acceleration), still working on a Fuel gauge though....I'l keep you guys up-to-date and if i get any problems regarding script then i'l post it here.

Would be nice to get more people on Unity3D, as a few know....Unity were giving out the android and Ios liscense for free lol ... i managed to get that. Still, Unity3d Free version is alot of fun to work in...If you know what you are doing lol.

Thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully my game hits it off and i can start working on my MMO (Will be based on mir), i'l also aim for this to be a Web Browser based game ;)

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Re: Unity3D - My First Attempt

EDIT: As said above afshang also wanted to attempt this.

I am looking at it again but more seriously as an eventual commercial project. The particle, shader/rendering and lighting systems have been greatly improved in 3.5 so it means I will be able to create spells of a suitable quality. Still in the planning phase yet (building a design document and original story so it wont be called "Mir") and im aiming to start building a prototype in June/July as I'm busy with projects atm.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Sounds good....Could you shine some light on shader / particles. I'm trying to replace my Flare i used for the sun with a shader...I did have an Atmospheric script but it isn't up to the task. I've already added a particle emiiter for the firebolts flame effect the sun gives. Just need a decent shader.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I have the liscense for Android / ios, but not Pro....Cost's too much atm lol. So certain options (Shadows and Baked options) are disabled until i purchase Pro (can't see much need atm)

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Most of the advanced post shaders (glow, bloom/glare, sun shafts etc) that would make your render look more realistic are pro only. I would find a torrent and then buy a pro license if you want to release a commercial game.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Most of the stuff im rendering in blender anyways....and im brilliant in photoshop so only top quality textures are being made. Alot of the effects like glow and bloom are handy but you can get around things like that using other solutions. Keep in mind im releasing for Android and ios phones, so the size / quality will need to minimal anyways :)

but i deffently will want to go Pro asap :P lol