Upcoming Section to need Approval?

Should the Upcoming Section need Approval to post? Or meet certain requirements?

• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Now i'm not saying have the requirements so high, that it needs perfected advertisements to allow to post...But i'm asking for SOME restrictions.

I'm sure others agree that this is becoming a joke...

LandOfHeroes - Already dead.
BraveFree - Same idiot, different name.
Mir2Dune - Obvious money grabber, hence more effort put into the donation prices at the bottom, than the entire advert
EuroTrash - In the name...
???? - Just...lol

This is what, in the last month?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I look at the OP (who makes an add for a server) forum posting count and that tells the whole or almost the whole story (unless folks are putting one over, don't want to be dragged by past rep on the forum and make new acct to advertise server?). I may be wrong but how can anybody with no record here on forum put up any half decent server?

But I would tend to favor the 'free market' approach, that is letting things be as they are.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
We just need mods. The fact these servers are online means they shouldn't even be in that section anyway.

I'm also going full Kim Jong and banning facebook links

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
To be fair i think LOMCN should allow any server, this community is rapidly dying, we need many servers as possible... Who gives a dam if they have 2 maps or even 200!.. It's these negative people saying "Don't allow these servers to advertise" your bringing this community down.
Legend Of Mir isn't going to last forever, think back 5-6 years ago you had a selection of different servers to play. e.g. High Rate, Medium Rate, Low Rate, some heavily customized some barely customized.

Shaun

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
I dont know this guy, but he's got a point! 2 many retarded ppl post even more retarded server adverts!
There is too much freedom on this forum.
There should be a small IQ test when u register an account, if u fail, ur status should be Paris Hilton and shouldn't be able to post in certain places.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
ROFL

but I'd rather side with Killmaster posting just before you. Gems are always found in lots of garbage, what you gonna do :indecisiveness: and you pretty well need garbage to find gems in :pirate:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The amount of Threads Rana has made inside the Advertisement Threads he has now started making Adverts inside other sections because they don't moderating.

Yes there should be a Guide line on a Server Advertisement just like Mir3.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
We just need mods. The fact these servers are online means they shouldn't even be in that section anyway.

I'm also going full Kim Jong and banning facebook links

You did have a good one, but the Nazi's got to me.

Leave it as it is. It's not like we're getting any bigger and if some people have fun playing random 1month-servers, let them.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I voted Yes but its actually a 2 sided coin for me:

On 1 side I have also noticed these terrible servers/advertisements coming up & down every week which saddens me and cant actually be doing the game any favours... but on the flip side ive said it before and been called an asshole for saying it but these little servers in the end do make people realise just how good they have it with the likes of chronicles and arcadia etc.

I guess the most sensible answer is what Koriban said - if theyre making someone or some people happy then let them be happy.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
These shitty servers serve no purpose. They dont help our tiny community in any way.
If those tards CANT create a proper advertisment which takes less than 20minutes can they really host/create/update a server?
Instead of having 2-3 servers with usercount of 5 people each it would be more beneficial to have those 15ppl play a better server that deserves it.

Voted Yes.