website ideas

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im in the process of making a website, my idea atm is to have a large database of games, each with a review, a website link, and if free, a download link.

before i go any further with this idea, i just want peoples opinions whether you think its a decent idea, or if its been done to death.

the site ive created so far means the information has to be able to go in a sort of list/table format.

my idea before was to create a list of all private servers of mmos, and then show their online/offline status and other info (which users add themselfs) much like top100.com but more organised and useful.

but then i decided to go down a more legal path so it could get publicly known.

if anyone has an idea for a site (which contains a list of some sort) then please put it forward.

hope i explained it ok ><

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Has been done quite a bit, but if the reviews are original and reasonable it could be a hit.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
thing is i think , if your doing the legal route you cant put serverfiles or anything like that.

my next point is anything you can put on your site a simple search on google for example would turn up the same thing.

the good point is if you can get a huge amount of games , maybe people would use it to find a new game to play.

a good point would be to add a star rating system and a review of the game by players and your self.

it could work out brilliant , i wish you the best of luck with it mate.

Shady

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Sounds very good! :001_wub: Like Jealy said - if you done the reviews yourself / other people did then it'd be good.

Not an original idea though.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
decided to have a site which holds a database + download links & reviews of all old games for amiga, dos, windows 95 etc.

there only seems to be a few sites out there with em on, and alot of em dont hold the best games there were so think it could be a hit.

what you guys think?

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
why would anyone play those sorta games? i have snake on my phone.

make a database of amatuer/non commercial games available to download. Maybe games that have been developed and released by uni graduates as third year projects/ other simular projects.

Then spend time searching for these games, playing them, and reviewing them.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Or just dont waste your time on something that wont last 5 minutes :D