What is the best os

smoochy boys on tour

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
What is the best os for playing Mir chronicles 5 heroes etc is there a benefit to xp/win 7/win 10 or does it not matter anymore

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Win 7 + Win 10? It's just like you don't need a good single core CPU anymore

Mordred

LOMCN Member
May 28, 2011
just get a decent connection , so no lagspikes - and a stable installation , you don't need to have anything specific :) good graphics - good proc - enough rams and a good videocard that will not have conflicts between your motherboard & it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
mir chronicles is probably still an XP machine with ACPI tweak as isn't it coded in delphi based on the old DM2 files? (dont quote me on that as i really dont know)

C# files (fiveheroes) works best on newer hardware... win7 / win8 / win10 are all the same...

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
mir chronicles is probably still an XP machine with ACPI tweak as isn't it coded in delphi based on the old DM2 files? (dont quote me on that as i really dont know)

C# files (fiveheroes) works best on newer hardware... win7 / win8 / win10 are all the same...

Na Windows XP ACPI'd don't make a massive difference on chronicles, i found all the faster people when i played was using AMD processor don't know if that's anything to do with it but all the top 3/4 players in speed all used this in they're pc.

C# Windows 7 - 8 - 10 is best Xp is trash. You can't be faster than anyone on these files in the slightest, even if you try to cheat it will just look super slow then loads of fast catch up to make sure your at the same as them.