Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

You can post it to ******** as "Only Me" who can see it, then just delete it afterwards.

But yes, very lame.

I already have the client, but it's just a shitty way to do it I think.

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014

I found it really simple and easy to download :culpability: just logged into my Mega Networks account and it let me download the full 3gb client in about 3 minutes.

For simplicity's sake, I'm happy to mirror it elsewhere if anyone has a good suggestion for a file sharing website.

I would torrent it but getting enough people as seeds would prove difficult leaving it as a dead link (N)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

someone upload the client i'm not sharing to play the server.

seems a bit silly to force people to share just for the download.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

someone upload the client i'm not sharing to play the server.

seems a bit silly to force people to share just for the download.

I can understand his logic for doing something like that...

For me personally however its a no go, FBook is there for me to privately message me family & friends, and Google + has no one connected to it (so pointless to share)

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014

I'm uploading the full 10gb file as a .rar file to my MediaFire account as the auto-patch server is slow....very very slow! Entire game took 3 minutes to download, the additional 4gb required for the game a further 2 hours via auto-patcher :eek:
At least this will offer the entire game bypassing the auto-patcher for those wanting a full fat solution in a single download.

Soon as I have a working download link I'll post it up here, would anyone be interested in a torrent for this file or is it a waste of my time?

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 PM ----

these zipped files?

Looks like the actual .exe file to me. About 3.7gb in size.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

They are an actual .exe Installer rather than a Zip.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Well, I will post as my BETA account is supposedly banned because I let somebody else use as I am out lambing, not logged onto check don't have mir at Work, or Farm. I Hardly see a problem with this as maximum no. of people I saw was 6 ingame, of 40 BETA testers, so all the testing done on my account by the persons I let borrow would of been 100% more than the others who didn't even bother to log in. I cant understand why it would result in Ban, or maybe its because Jamie was doing it, I don't know... I doubt he'd steal ideas... and he can easily "copy" on live, so 1 week difference makes no difference really.

The GM behind this, I don't think is Scorp, but i'll play along, I may be wrong. This server lacks the finish details. Poorly written descriptions at first, patchy information on quests etc. Much like an old 1.9 server where people just got on with it. However they set a bar high with a fancy site, descriptions, spells etc.. then missed out on the little bits which people actually do read on a more regular basis. He has gone onto improve a lot of this with input, but the input on this level shouldn't of been needed.

Besides these points, I think the server has great potential, the skill idea is cool with splitting classes etc, and it really makes killing bosses require a group. With 2 Barbs, 1 Nerco and 1 Mystic all at 30 region we still struggled, but needed Necro's Poison, Mystic heal, and Barbs Tanking, and without either class it wouldn't of been possible to get it down to the 2000k hp. (it was 38k)

Balance, well from playing a lvl 29 Necro, 28 Barb and 19 Stormcaster, Barbs are by far going to fly thru early game, and be insane at PK, and without being savagely outnumbered will easily hold their own against a few people. With nearing 700HP, and ability to do 300 hits with FS, you'll take 50-75% off most other classes in 1 hit.

Necros were easy but spells were poor, and for PVP useless unless they mass poison people constantly and rely on Pets, don't play if you like PK'ing. They get a poison sword type spell which costs nothing, (not even poison, but must be equipped) Then otherwise you get Poison spear which does dmg and poisons for few seconds, followed by Zombie Charge, (Mass poison) with initial damage to single target, and poisons each space around it. Then skeleton also which near enough matches your Dc/HP, then at 29, you get Halfmoon.

Stormcaster seems meh... Cooldown on Lightning, requiring level 10 e-shock for 5 pets, I got lvl 3 I think allowing 2 pets for 57minutes, Pets only work if you hunt in a hunting zone backwards (ie Serp valley snakes and I was hunting in oma caves). Not sure end game how it works at the mobs you kill are pretty relative to your level, so early on when you can only get 1-2 pets they're ****. Then main spell is Frost crunch basically which misses a fair bit and poor damage. At 19, I was still on OmaCave quest as I just couldn't deal decent damage to boss. They also focus on dead mobs, due to lightning which is cool as it'll force Pyros and Storms to hunt in different dungeons, but Pyros I think will be the more desired class for early game fun.

I didn't try other classes enough to comment on them, but hopefully somebody may find this info helpful for picking a class.

I wish the team luck with this, and will probably play once the hype has gone and there is a decent userbase, although as many have said, I think there will be a hype and it'll drop off.

Brilliant ideas, brilliant plan, poor execution. BETA should of had a lot more people, and even an Open Beta to test balancing of classes in larger fights. There will be a lot of balancing done before this is really ready.

In addition to all of this the locked out zones and forcing classes to play separate is ****, and I think all classes should keep quests in separate dungeons, but people should be allowed to play with friends of same class early game, as it'll be 2-3 days before a Mystic / Monk cross paths with Mage/Wariors lines who will meet on 2nd questline in Serpent Valley, but wont meet Taos until 3rd questline in insect/Wt.

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

Well, I will post as my BETA account is supposedly banned because I let somebody else use as I am out lambing, not logged onto check don't have mir at Work, or Farm. I Hardly see a problem with this as maximum no. of people I saw was 6 ingame, of 40 BETA testers, so all the testing done on my account by the persons I let borrow would of been 100% more than the others who didn't even bother to log in. I cant understand why it would result in Ban, or maybe its because Jamie was doing it, I don't know... I doubt he'd steal ideas... and he can easily "copy" on live, so 1 week difference makes no difference really.

The GM behind this, I don't think is Scorp, but i'll play along, I may be wrong. This server lacks the finish details. Poorly written descriptions at first, patchy information on quests etc. Much like an old 1.9 server where people just got on with it. However they set a bar high with a fancy site, descriptions, spells etc.. then missed out on the little bits which people actually do read on a more regular basis. He has gone onto improve a lot of this with input, but the input on this level shouldn't of been needed.

Besides these points, I think the server has great potential, the skill idea is cool with splitting classes etc, and it really makes killing bosses require a group. With 2 Barbs, 1 Nerco and 1 Mystic all at 30 region we still struggled, but needed Necro's Poison, Mystic heal, and Barbs Tanking, and without either class it wouldn't of been possible to get it down to the 2000k hp. (it was 38k)

Balance, well from playing a lvl 29 Necro, 28 Barb and 19 Stormcaster, Barbs are by far going to fly thru early game, and be insane at PK, and without being savagely outnumbered will easily hold their own against a few people. With nearing 700HP, and ability to do 300 hits with FS, you'll take 50-75% off most other classes in 1 hit.

Necros were easy but spells were poor, and for PVP useless unless they mass poison people constantly and rely on Pets, don't play if you like PK'ing. They get a poison sword type spell which costs nothing, (not even poison, but must be equipped) Then otherwise you get Poison spear which does dmg and poisons for few seconds, followed by Zombie Charge, (Mass poison) with initial damage to single target, and poisons each space around it. Then skeleton also which near enough matches your Dc/HP, then at 29, you get Halfmoon.

Stormcaster seems meh... Cooldown on Lightning, requiring level 10 e-shock for 5 pets, I got lvl 3 I think allowing 2 pets for 57minutes, Pets only work if you hunt in a hunting zone backwards (ie Serp valley snakes and I was hunting in oma caves). Not sure end game how it works at the mobs you kill are pretty relative to your level, so early on when you can only get 1-2 pets they're ****. Then main spell is Frost crunch basically which misses a fair bit and poor damage. At 19, I was still on OmaCave quest as I just couldn't deal decent damage to boss. They also focus on dead mobs, due to lightning which is cool as it'll force Pyros and Storms to hunt in different dungeons, but Pyros I think will be the more desired class for early game fun.

I didn't try other classes enough to comment on them, but hopefully somebody may find this info helpful for picking a class.

I wish the team luck with this, and will probably play once the hype has gone and there is a decent userbase, although as many have said, I think there will be a hype and it'll drop off.

Brilliant ideas, brilliant plan, poor execution. BETA should of had a lot more people, and even an Open Beta to test balancing of classes in larger fights. There will be a lot of balancing done before this is really ready.

In addition to all of this the locked out zones and forcing classes to play separate is ****, and I think all classes should keep quests in separate dungeons, but people should be allowed to play with friends of same class early game, as it'll be 2-3 days before a Mystic / Monk cross paths with Mage/Wariors lines who will meet on 2nd questline in Serpent Valley, but wont meet Taos until 3rd questline in insect/Wt.

Well thanks for the feedback! And seeing you on smirs streams was funny to watch, good banter imo.

shame the assassin hasn't had much testing would of liked to see it in action more.

im stuck for choice, assassin barb or pyro >.<

the locked starter quests are abit of a pain, but hopefully shouldn't take to long, although I can see this being a nightmare on release day lol.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Is it in open Beta now or something or are we just sharing the files ready to launch?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Is it in open Beta now or something or are we just sharing the files ready to launch?

Sharing for launch I guess, afaik beta was still closed. If its not cant understand why my account was banned otherwise.

Give him credit he's pushing advertisements, but it gives impression like its an official game but in-game doesn't reflect this in slightest.

All servers are resorting to new tatitcs to get new players, signatures etc.. wasn't long till people start ** shares.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Well thanks for the feedback! And seeing you on smirs streams was funny to watch, good banter imo.

shame the assassin hasn't had much testing would of liked to see it in action more.

im stuck for choice, assassin barb or pyro >.<

the locked starter quests are abit of a pain, but hopefully shouldn't take to long, although I can see this being a nightmare on release day lol.
I'm back at work this week so will most likely be ****ed.. but if I remember, I'll play some assassin tonight for abit, if you want to watch? :)

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014

For anyone old school or who can't access the filesharing resources due to geographical location I'm also sharing it as a .torrent same link as before to the ROTA forums.

Allumis said:
Jersey Royal!!!!- 22kb download - .torrent file
(I will seed until launch, if someone could test this that would be great!!)

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Well that would be very nice of you!

Sorry fella...

[Announcement] Test Server Offline
Today, 11:35 AM
I would like to thank everyone who helped out, it was a great help. We have a lot of work to do in the final few days and feel it would be best to do this with the server offline to testers.

Thanks again everyone.
See you at launch!