Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Transferring my answer from another thread here to piff1, as it was derailing that thread.

Originally made a joke with Hany about getting back online to tele me to 'deadend' quests.

If you @home during the bone quest stuff, it takes you to serpents with no way of getting back (as far as I know) - bear in mind at this point you've never ever been to Serpents...

So on 1 char I've got the few starter quests, where I was tele'd to bone cave bit without handing them in (also the lvl 20 instance quest I can't seem to get back to), and on the other I've got the final quest in the bone cave bit, where you kill the two guards, then OKS (iirc) then go speak to evlimir. I skipped that whole bit basically by hitting @home.

I still have Oma Cavern quests, and I'm stuck in Serpents area.. such a pain as I do enjoy doing them, but the shitty @home feature that I guess does it on a level basis rather then quest completion basis, is just wrong...

Was actually enjoying the story line, first time ever in a mir server, but guess I'll just ignore all the text from now on.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Where do I buy pots from cos I'm currently level 11 in Westermarsh unable to complete my quests or hunt because I have no mp

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

The game seems to have progressed me faster then I can handle.. currently 25 trying to kill quest mobs in a 32-34 area... wtf is going on? lol

starting to not want to waste my time -.-

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

The game seems to have progressed me faster then I can handle.. currently 25 trying to kill quest mobs in a 32-34 area... wtf is going on? lol

starting to not want to waste my time -.-

That's how its designed, You reach a point where your quests are telling you to go to places you can't handle, so you have to visit the previous areas to gain exp and better kit.

@Tai - i always just found all the potions on the floor after each kill, didn't find a potions npc until level 20+

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I was smashing out my spider quests at level 26 :P I finished all my quest lines by level 29, think it was level 45 i then unlocked the Spider instance quest.

Temple of youth quest now going to be a ****er without a group.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

@Tai: Pot sellers, in first room (inn). In the Oma/Bone Cave, guy that gives you a new skele if you lose yours next to quest giver. In serpent hold sz after you complete the rescue quest and then in westermarch proper.

@Martyn: Yes, it is very, very jarring isn't it. What you describe is exactly what I saw, and it compounded my feeling of being 'off course' tremendously when coupled with the quest chain shutting off.

"Go to kill horos"
"You mean over there"
"thats it, lvl 25~ wargod, just through that gate *sniggers*
"Ok then....."

*immediately murdered by a lvl 40 odd mob outside the gate*

Still having a whale of a time, but just shut the thing down last night after I quickly worked out the possible stats boosts available through GameShop. I ain't gonna bemoan it, each to their own, but it just ... shut me off for the night.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

thing is all the way through I was higher than the area I was in. it wasn't until I @town'd and ****ed it all up.

Probably missed loads of quests/expand even storyline, zero points following it now -.-
no idea where to hunt now tbh lol

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Honestly i gave up already, despite the opinion i made in beta i gave it another go, i tried to level a tao this time.

Quests are too far ahead of what my level is. Had to constantly stop and grind out levels as the next type of mobs i simply couldn't even hit.
While grinding is fine and expected, this early on its just a dull time sink auto attacking.

Right now i have the level 14 Oma warrior quest, i hit it for 5 damage 1 in 4 swings, the other 3 miss/block whatever... Every special mob has been the same, i need to out level the quests by 3+ levels just to damage them.

-Having to auto attack normal mobs for 5-15 damage at 15; 20s+ per mob with zero interaction is not fun.
At present with no downtime that's going to be about 2 hours of watching my screen auto attack Oma/Yeti just to reach 18 for SFB. There is no alternative.

When i leveled the warrior in beta it was no way near this bad. However, irrespective of what comes 'after' I'm not wasting 4-5 hours of feeling bored watching auto attacks to reach a state in which the game feels more enjoyable.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

thing is all the way through I was higher than the area I was in. it wasn't until I @town'd and ****ed it all up.

Probably missed loads of quests/expand even storyline, zero points following it now -.-
no idea where to hunt now tbh lol

Explore the town and find out what you can or can't handle. Far left side is usually where you get sent first (Horo/Blasters) then rats/wedgemoths further left of that, then down below that the spiders, then right of that devourers is usually where most people end up grinding for items/exp. That's where the quesline takes you anyhow, but going to instances i.e bug cave if you have the kit at level 30-35 is worth doing if you want some alone time levelling.

I very much enjoyed the quest line progression - I do feel it needs to be revisited and people need to be allowed to hand in old quests and I'd like it if they continued it on and on as the game evolves. What I do feel is they should have removed the "level suggestions" of areas on the big map, as they do not line up at all with your level, but more so your kit and how lucky you've gotten with legendar/mythical/godly tiers.

As someone who enjoys the grind, I am enjoying grinding out paragon levels at 50. I am glad there's a level cap so everyone's on the same page, it's merely a matter of kit that determines your strength.

One thing I worry is it'll go down the Galaxy route, and that the AC and AMC given on items will become so ridiculous that fighting someone with 1kit above you will essentially be impossible. So far this isn't case, but it could turn into that. I don't mind dying to someone with better kit, so long as I can actually damage them as well.

There's a **** load to do still and explore even at 50, wondering if there's any unique quests or items from perhaps heroic/insane instances, guess we'll find out as the game continues.

Tao's have by far the hardest early game, but once they get their skeleton pet at... 18 is it? they fly through with ease basically. Skele XHM's everything. Honestly hardest part of the game was getting out of that initial noob area you are stuck in now, was a lot easier when everyone else was doing it as there were just items all over the floor to pick and choose from. :fatigue:

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

found early levels fine for warrior just don't @town it ruins it all

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Just giving the quests lvls even as just an indication of progression would be beneficial. Don't limit them but just give them a guide lvl or something. Then you'll clearly know if you've missed something/outlvd's etc

Chalace: I never really struggled with that stuff tbh. I did, on all 3 of my chars, massacre a **** ton of deer/yobs and ended up with 3 godly items and nothing below myth though. There are a couple of spots where the mobs are just clustered as hell, and if you 1 hit them, drops ahoy!!!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

God wtf are you lot doing, i was completing the 35-40 quests at level 26-30 with ease.

To add onto what Koriban said, i've already come across a problem with Wiz Vs Wiz pvp, I'm currently level 50 and 5th paragon or so not to sure aint checked recently and i was fighting with 2 MostHated members both wizzies, 1 was level 50+ and few paragon level, other was 45+ with nice godly / mythical kit.. We was stood there for 15 minutes casting met, ff, ff, ff Met, FD i could literally out pot their damage with Large hp pots thats just stupid, i know Wiz Vs Wiz has always been a struggle maybe giving FD some sort of cut of the shield?

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

God wtf are you lot doing, i was completing the 35-40 quests at level 26-30 with ease.

Never had issues with completing the content, just (very simply put) issues with completing quests and confusing chain paths if you tele at odd times.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Never had issues with completing the content, just (very simply put) issues with completing quests and confusing chain paths if you tele at odd times.

I've never once used " @Home " always @town and it took me wherever i needed to be then doing my repeatable quest's through historian teleing to other NPC's.. @home really must of ****ed you lol.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

for only £14.50 per month
TLyRt4MR.png

glad I didn't put much effort into the game lol

seems like they removed it in the second "urgent" reboot

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

for only £14.50 per month
TLyRt4MR.png

glad I didn't put much effort into the game lol

Everyone was against adding that into game but i guess he ignored and put it in anyway.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Everyone was against adding that into game but i guess he ignored and put it in anyway.

Yeah, this definitely doesn't look good for them..... be interesting to see their replies to this.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

i was all cool with that buff untill i read " stacks with other buff " lmao, with rest / exp / guild / that thats over a X2 exp rate.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Good time for InSAne to come back then I guess lol.

I'll prob still playa bit though if im honest

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

It was a mistake it was not intended to go live not yet atleast, I just copied the item database from the test server.

It has been removed no one has bought it, this topic is still up for discussion/suggestion on our forums.