Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So I have been working on a server for some time, and I always have had sins in, just as a little extra 'attraction' from the standard 3 heroes, but the more I develop my server, the more I just find Sins 'iffy'

How my sins currently are;
Low minimum defence, high maximum defence stats most of their armours dont peak over 2-x defence.
Haste (under construction)currently looking to : lose Base DC for the haste buff
Revision of certain skills like Poison Sword and Flash Dash to make them passive chance to proc green and stun poisons respectively
They do have AoE such as Fan of Knives (AoE range same as FF) and Blade Flurry ( a 2 ahead 5 wide aoe in front of you)

Also in the think tank is an active "Soul Eater" where you can life leech but you have constant degen on you and unable to naturally regen while active

- I originally wanted them to generate Energy (similar to Rogues WoW) but they either sucked or were broken depending on energy generation methods

Basically what I am asking, do you prefer the 3 standard heroes or do you like it accompanied by an assassin (if its the later, what do you hate and love about what people have done with Sins)?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I personally never liked sins, they never have appealed to me, their running animation is ridiculous almost like a child acting like they're superman, maybe it's just me preferring the original three classes.

I know I would stick with the three classes.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think the idea of more classes is/was cool but in reality without making adjustments to the warrior's mechanics, they don't really fit in the game together as well as they could/should. IMO it needs a proper aggro/tank system which Mir does not have.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
My only other idea was to potentially release Assassins later in a planned expansion after making sure the 3 other heroes work in harmony before adding the chaos that is the assassin class! Also I would potentially do one of the following: nothing. Give them an exp buff to catch up or give assassins a base level starting point when they are created. (not sure as of yet)

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
My only other idea was to potentially release Assassins later in a planned expansion after making sure the 3 other heroes work in harmony before adding the chaos that is the assassin class! Also I would potentially do one of the following: nothing. Give them an exp buff to catch up or give assassins a base level starting point when they are created. (not sure as of yet)

Going off what another game did during it’s official days, they started with 4 races(classes) but later added a sin type race, to make one you had to have a character level x before you could create one, once created it started at level y.
They did it again with a new race..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Sins should be melee glass cannons, very low hp perhaps double wizards, solely reliant on agility to negate damage.
Warrior should be tank, with less damage than a sin but massive hp pool

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah its trying to balance Agility.
Making it useful to stack up without being broken or trash to stack.

I might do a later release on Sins to be honest, similar to what Pete said, on its release you need say a level 40+ and you can create a level 30 Sin.

This way I can see how 'mid-game' warriors play out and go how I want them too (tanky gods with ok damage) and then the sins can come in, gods of single target but will die quick if they pull multiple mobs.

I will also look at aggro mechanics to be honest, this is one big thing that's always been missing from warriors, they should be able to draw in aggro since they are frontline tanks (will also make stuff like war,sins viable hunting in duos)

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I will also look at aggro mechanics to be honest, this is one big thing that's always been missing from warriors, they should be able to draw in aggro since they are frontline tanks (will also make stuff like war,sins viable hunting in duos)

I always thought that it would be good if Lion roar would aggro all mobs in 3x3 area and rage/profield aggro all mobs in 4x4 area.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Three classes.. And give warrior plenty of options to adjust there attack style. So they can go all out attack with high DC and low defence. Or have good base DC and lower max DC. Have defence options where they would sacrifice attacking strength. Assassin has never fitted in on Mir in my opinion and if you have plenty of items for warrior it is much more enjoyable to play, and fits in so much better.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Another thing for warriors is I might only allow prot field or Rage to be active at the same time, so you have to choose between damage or defense
I definitely think I would stage an assassin release at a later date.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I like the idea of a new class, but as it was brought to euro later on into the game, it's skills matched this so it could in theory "catch up"

but now sins out level most people early on in the game, an this needs to be adjusted before even thinking of adding a sin to a server IMO. But by doing this, less people may not play them.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Another thing for warriors is I might only allow prot field or Rage to be active at the same time, so you have to choose between damage or defense
I definitely think I would stage an assassin release at a later date.

This was done on a server I played a long time ago and the result was no1 used pro field. Again without an aggro system anyone playing a warrior just wants to hit hard otherwise it's practically useless.

NGL I hate all your ideas but crack on :triumphant:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
This was done on a server I played a long time ago and the result was no1 used pro field. Again without an aggro system anyone playing a warrior just wants to hit hard otherwise it's practically useless.

NGL I hate all your ideas but crack on :triumphant:

Not a problem, prefer peoples honest opinions about things like this, its why I posted this here, as it's always been a hard part of any server is including assassins as they tend to be too good or flop as a class.

But tbh I think you are right in a sense, its not the focus on the Sin, but the warriors mechanics potentially need looking at to allow for Assassins.

bayya

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2012
I always thought sins were just wrong for mir. Every server I played with sins, they were stupidly difficult yo fight, they could get round maps far too fast, solo bosses and I hated that you couldn't see them til they'd taken 2/3 of yr health.
Balance is a kind of mir myth but seems easier with the basic 3. Add sins n balance is screwed for all time