Valk constant crash

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
jesus, this constant crashes is killing the servers lost many exp buffs and nice drops due to it, fk it we r done with this buggy server

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
jesus, this constant crashes is killing the servers lost many exp buffs and nice drops due to it, fk it we r done with this buggy server

You could say the same about Crystal in general, problem is no one really wants to commit to the open source project anymore. So one manned teams like valks take a hit, I'm sure if you average the ratio of work he's put in compared to Apoc, then it'll be fixed within the same timeframe.

I might as well ask now, if server owners find anything in the crystal source that is game breaking and can greatly help the whole community by committing the fix to the MAIN source (where you grubby little ****s get started), then please do so.

thanks

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
You could say the same about Crystal in general, problem is no one really wants to commit to the open source project anymore. So one manned teams like valks take a hit, I'm sure if you average the ratio of work he's put in compared to Apoc, then it'll be fixed within the same timeframe.

I might as well ask now, if server owners find anything in the crystal source that is game breaking and can greatly help the whole community by committing the fix to the MAIN source (where you grubby little ****s get started), then please do so.

thanks

I don't think I'm alone with providing fixes to problems with the original repo.. I do know others may not be so willing to share such fixes which is just sad really.. but nobody can force them at the end of the day.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014

thanks

Always the case, people shard the code but don't feed it back because they think they will help their competitor. Which is bollocks because most players stick to one server as they've sunk time into it.

Add into that many bugs/crashes only happen on 100+ servers which beta servers never reach, it means every new server release is plagued with the same crashes the previous "big" server had, but never shared how to fix :(.

Witcha

Banned
Banned
Jan 2, 2019
Most of the case of server crashes can be tricked to the coding that team has done. Maybe afew little crashes lead back to the org code.