Game of Thrones season 8

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Dunno tbh, lost all interest at this point, super disappointed with how it's all turned out so far, some insanely lazy story writing going on.

I genuinely think once they left season 5 and didn't have the books to go off of, it got worse as it went and at this point it just feels so rushed to try and finish so they can get onto their new Star Wars movie they've been hired for. So many unanswered questions and a lot of "conveniently forgot" plotlines.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not watched the season, but I have basically watched it through spoilers, by the sounds of the last episode it fell super flat with the deaths...

Not to spoil anything but I thought
2 of the main characters through the entire series died in such a bland and unsatisfying way.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Does anyone else think that the only way they can end this is to kill everyone off?

Na they won't. That would just be silly. A seriously unforgivable ending to the show.

Judging from the end of the last episode, they are going to leave a plethora of holes & un-answered character lines. One, in particular, I will be seriously disappointed with should they do so.

There is just no way they can wrap-up everything left in one episode, it's just not feasible.
I'd be surprised if episode 6 is anything more than Ep.5's main event cleanup. It's the only way I see some sort of 'Ending' being given.

--

Seems the morning papers are on-board too.
Game of Thrones petition: 500,000 demand series eight remake

The most surprising note here is the estimated cost of $15m per episode, I expected much more, considering the likes of 'The Big Bang Theory', an 18 minute 4 or 5 room sitcom are around $9m.

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

The fact that people are petitioning for this is just showing the sheep mentality of people today. The way the media portrays statistics to manipulate the way people think is crazy. According to a few sources 12.5million people watched S08 E05. (Source). That means that only 4% of the people who watched it want it to be re-written. Now why the hell would you change something based on what 4% think?

What are they going to do, keep remaking each episode until those 4% people are satisfied with it?

Reality is that you ar never going to satisfy everyone. So like it or love it, it is what it is. And for gods sake wise up and stop being manipulated by the media and the minority.

Reactions: Swoosh

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The fact that people are petitioning for this is just showing the sheep mentality of people today. The way the media portrays statistics to manipulate the way people think is crazy. According to a few sources 12.5million people watched S08 E05. (Source). That means that only 4% of the people who watched it want it to be re-written. Now why the hell would you change something based on what 4% think?

What are they going to do, keep remaking each episode until those 4% people are satisfied with it?

Reality is that you ar never going to satisfy everyone. So like it or love it, it is what it is. And for gods sake wise up and stop being manipulated by the media and the minority.

That means only 4% bothered to sign a useless petition. I would like to see the last 2 season rewritten and I didn't sign anything. Moreover, this thing won't even get to the audience. The big majority of them will like or dislike the script and will go on with their lives.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

The irony in your statement is amusing, to say the least.

I'm not interested enough to argue but use a little common sense at least. Implying peoples opinion based on lack of contribution as fact, really?
That's no different to them using the argument that 99% of the previous voters didn't sign a random petition to stay, so they must want to leave now...

End of the day, it's a TV-show, I don't care that much. As always, I'm waiting for the book.

• Love
Reactions: Violent

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
They've been good episodes, lots of action and deaths which was needed to get it back to the real GoT feel, especially to end on this note.
Cinematically I don't see how anyone can complain, in that aspect atleast it has been fantastic.
The main two complaints I've seen are the long night/battle of winterfell was "too dark" - it wasn't, turn your brightness up, its the night king fgs, it has to be dark for effect, morons. The other is the story (which i grant has been rushed) but the way its going down, with certain deaths and a certain someone seeing red, again this is always how it should have gone down, thats what it was leading to, there was never going to be a happy ending that everyone is comfortable or happy with.

My only issue is that they didnt extend this season by a few episodes, to close it off properly, answer all the questions and tie up the loose ends which they now face in the finale. Which as Chalace said, just is not feasible so it will likely have a very unfinished feel as they appear to be slamming the book shut, metaphorically speaking.

Edit: Also re-writing and making the last season or two would not work, nobody would be happy re-watching and trying to be sold the new/edited story after having already watched it lol! It would just be even more tainted.

And im delaying reading the books because I would not be surprised if he just didn't bother now, don't want to start and not have an ending.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
End of the day, it's a TV-show, I don't care that much. As always, I'm waiting for the book.

Hahahaha.

Goodluck.

It's literally been like 7-8 years since the last one, yet he has had time to release other GOT related books.
Post automatically merged:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
The irony in your statement is amusing, to say the least.

I'm not interested enough to argue but use a little common sense at least. Implying peoples opinion based on lack of contribution as fact, really?
That's no different to them using the argument that 99% of the previous voters didn't sign a random petition to stay, so they must want to leave now...

I think you missed the point. The post was suppost to be ironic. I was demonstrating the manipulation of statistics to turn the opinion. Even though you just tried to slam me down, im actually quite imptressed that you spotted it.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
All I can really say about this season is the story feels rushed more than likely due to limiting it to less episodes, and the lighting on a certain episode was absolutely terrible. Though I am 90% sure that the TV show has taken the story a completely different direction than the remaining books will be.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Apparantly HBO did offer them 10 full episodes per season, but they declined. So it was their intention to rush to close it out. I have no doubt the books will end the same/similar as it was said he told them how it was meant to end, but naturally so much more detail and story will be given.

Only slight problem is, books likely wont get finished before the author dies.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Apparantly HBO did offer them 10 full episodes per season, but they declined. So it was their intention to rush to close it out. I have no doubt the books will end the same/similar as it was said he told them how it was meant to end, but naturally so much more detail and story will be given.

Only slight problem is, books likely wont get finished before the author dies.

The actor that play Barristan Selmy said GRRM has already finished the last two books but he can't publish them until the show is over due some contract he signed.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hahahaha.

Goodluck.

It's literally been like 7-8 years since the last one, yet he has had time to release other GOT related books.
Post automatically merged:

Well, there are still people playing Mir... so there is always hope!

I'm in no rush, of course, plenty of other books out there. I did pick up 'Fire and Blood' the GoT prequel set 300 years prior under the Targaryen rule. Just not got round to reading it yet.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
This season has been absolute garbage, but its been bad since season 5 apart from a few moments so i'm not surprised.

Reactions: Alecs and ventus

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Wasn't as bad as I expected it would be, all things considered.
I don't think people would have been happy no matter how it ended. But it had to end somehow.

Now we wait for the 2 or 3 spin-off shows.
I want to know where that ship ends up~

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Seemed like a crappy ending for a great show.
This review summed up how I felt about it.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Well, there are still people playing Mir... so there is always hope!

I'm in no rush, of course, plenty of other books out there. I did pick up 'Fire and Blood' the GoT prequel set 300 years prior under the Targaryen rule. Just not got round to reading it yet.

I've got it, it's not really a book, its more of a history.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Hahahahahahha

What the actual ****. I knew it was gonna end like this but holy ****, they manager to do the worst episode ever.