Game of Thrones season 8

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Seems very overrated, when I asked about other said it’s a must watch, I found late season 5-7 interesting, start of 8 was good but latest episode very poor >< expected more

Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Seems very overrated, when I asked about other said it’s a must watch, I found late season 5-7 interesting, start of 8 was good but latest episode very poor >< expected more

The first five season are a masterpiece. Then they ****ed up.

Reactions: NightScare

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
You'd be hard-pressed to find a long-running show that has a good ending, that long-term fans were actually happy with.
I can't think of a single one. Either the ending gets rushed, or the show gets drawn out far beyond its means.
TBBT came close tho.

Everything has to end sometime. If you spent all that time watching something that you didn't enjoy, that's kinda on you.
You are welcome to try and do better...

Reactions: Tai

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I loved seasons 1 to 4 , 5 and 6 were enjoyable, 7 I was invested heavily and so still enjoyed but was a bit ??? with a few things, then this season I thought okay, the big buildup it'll all be worth it and just a disappointment for me but hey, it is what it is. I enjoyed the majority of the show so that's a win.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I had such high hopes for Season eight at after the first two episodes of Winterfell getting ready. War episode was great with the white walkers albeit it was wrapped up a bit too quickly for me - not to mention Daenerys seems to have an entire army still alive in episode 6 - maybe she was hiding some???

Cersei fizzled out pathetically and the entire storyline for Daenerys was turned on its head.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
So really disappointed with how they did this entire season, it's full of plot hole and unfinished stories for example:

Daenerys - How do they even know Jon killed her the dragon burnt down the throne and took the body.

The babies that the Night king was taking - What happened to them? was he trying to make new children of night not bound to his fate as he had already seen his demise?

Graywyrm - Can you guys honestly see him letting Jon and Tyrion live if he thought Daenerys was dead?

There are more but no point listing them all now the shows done instead here is a post I saw on youtube that sums up the final season.

Drogon Went East
Arya Went West
Jon Went North
And the Show Went South

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Graywyrm - Can you guys honestly see him letting Jon and Tyrion live if he thought Daenerys was dead?

LmQeakIfZp_1-rkXv9ksVj1YqU_WTOM8-LqF5vBZJsQ.png

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
The babies that the Night king was taking - What happened to them? was he trying to make new children of night not bound to his fate as he had already seen his demise?

I have been thinking this for a while. There is far too much mystery still around the Night King. No doubt one of the spin offs will be based around the history of the Night King.

EDIT: Funny enough, this report just came out: https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48280752

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Standard series finale... what should be another 1-2 series longer is compacted into 1 series, full of tying up loose ends (badly) and then leaving plenty of options to expand.

No doubt after a few prequels happen they will do the sequel in 10-15 years time with some new threat from the west that Aryas stirred up probably... heck maybe it'll be a land full of dragons and Daenerys is alive after being healed by a dragon tear, waiting to seek revenge on Jon Snow, who sired a child and was consequentially killed (needed to happen as he wouldn't return to series as hes retired in miami pimping it up)

Im sure we can write in somewhere that Bran can walk or some b/s.

Reactions: Swoosh

Deano87

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2015
You'd be hard-pressed to find a long-running show that has a good ending, that long-term fans were actually happy with.
I can't think of a single one. Either the ending gets rushed, or the show gets drawn out far beyond its means.
TBBT came close tho.

Everything has to end sometime. If you spent all that time watching something that you didn't enjoy, that's kinda on you.
You are welcome to try and do better...
Breaking Bad? The ending was perfect.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Yeh breaking bads ending was great to be fair. If I remember right half of the third series was a bit boring to follow - nothing much happened while we were waiting for those assassins to arrive from Mexico.

That being said I started watching breaking bad when half of the fourth series was out so I didn't have to wait for episodes!

In all honesty after watching the first two episodes of GOT season 8 I had an image of the night king winning and all characters being killed off lol

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
^ Yes all times yes a thousand times yes. But it's obvious why they didnt, as then they cant do all the pointless spinoffs of the remaining characters.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
That would have been a terrible ending, sorry. As crucial as they are to the overall story, they were nothing more than facilitators to the characters' paths. They were never going to win.

Erasing mankind, as an ending? Just no...

Reactions: Binary

Colin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
They killed most of em off, or exiled them.
Didn't anyone else notice that the dragon lady was a high maintenance spoiled brat princess type (probably daddy issues) that anyone bloke with any sense would avoid irl?
Hints of inbreeding in family tree and being on a mission doesnt make for emotional or mental stability