Zircon Server - Low Rate - 7th June 2019 - 18:00 GMT

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Server can now be Accessed (Earlier than Scheduled). Mobs will spawn at 18:00GMT (7th June)

Discord

Download Launcher

Trouble Shooting

Official Launch Time
Date:
Friday, 7th June, 2019
Time: 18:00 GMT (6:00 PM)

Important Changes
  • Assassin's are no longer playable.
  • Lost Lands - Removed
  • Southern Dunes - Removed
  • Weapon Crafting - Removed
  • Weapon Refine take 5 Minutes, but the duration is now how long before you can next refine.
Minor Changes
  • Collection Tonic also Automatically Harvests Monsters
  • Repeatable Quests added
  • Books
    • Books are now Coloured by class (Small Back glow)
    • Books no longer have pages (100% Success rate)
    • Books have been made 3x Rarer.
    • Level 4 Skill can no longer be gained by a 1/500 Chance.
    • Level 4 Skills and Higher have had their Experience increased by x5.
    • The amount of Exp per book will be now 1~3.
    • Your Skill Rate (Buffs, Choker of Learning) will take effect
  • Greater Evil Slayer - Now Level 49 and drops the same location as Improved Explosive Talisman
  • Tao Pets have been Significantly buffed
  • Starter Guild 10% Exp, Drop, Gold until level 25 - No penalty after
  • +5% Exp, Drop Gold for being in any guild other than starter guild
  • Sabuk Buff +10% Drop and Gold
  • Companions Inventory Space has been doubled, (this is to help with no viable pick up filter)
  • You can now use items whilst on horse (Potions, RT's, Item Parts)
  • Selling Items - "Select All" will now Select items from your Companion Bag.
  • Potion of Green now 25% Drop and 50% Gold (Half Potency) (Pending Review)
  • Strength (Conservation oil) has been increased by 5 times
  • Special Repair will remain 8 hour duration
  • Defiance now also drops in the same place as Potion Mastery and Renounce.. etc
  • Expensive books removed from the shop
  • Cursor / Companion movement bug fixed.
  • Booty Sale Bonus has been changed
    • 100 Booty for 25% sale bonus
    • 500 Booty for 50% sale bonus
    • 2000 Booty for 75% sale bonus
    • 5000 Booty for 100% sale bonus
  • Shield Stats and drops Revised
  • Emblem Stats Revised
  • Companion's can now gain Experience when Picking up an Item. (1 in 100 Chance per item on pick up)
  • Automatic Reconnect on Time out / disconnect if in SZ
  • Archers will no longer run away, they will stand their ground, players with high ping are unfairly punished because of this
  • Weapon Reset Increased the requirement to keep a stat from 5 to 7
Cash Shop Changes
  • Stat Extractor - Removed
  • Refine Extrotor - Removed.
  • Tonic of Collection - Permanent - 1,000GG
  • Tonic of Comfort - Removed
  • Companion Ticket - 500 GG
  • Mark of ?? [T] - Removed
  • Mark of ?? [P] - 500 GG
  • Tonic of Luck - 250 GG
  • Permanent Buffs Removed Ex. (Megaphone will remain for global before 33)
  • Horse Armour(s) - Price Reduced by Half.
  • Elixir of Regret(s) - 100 GG
  • Companion Experience Tonic, x2 Rate, 100GG - Does NOT pause in SafeZone
  • Zircon Purchases
    • You will receive a percent of your past donations depending on the donations age.
    • Over 12 Months will be 2% (From Official Launch Time)
    • 8~12 Months will be 4% (From Official Launch Time)
    • 4~8 Months will be 6% (From Official Launch Time)
    • 2~4 Months will be 10% (From Official Launch Time)
    • 0~2 Months will be 100% (From Official Launch Time)
  • Fortune Checker will now cost 75 Hunt/Game Gold (Up from 25). Once you have checked an Item, You can continue to check it for free.(edited)

Accessory Refine Changes
  • Max Level 5(4 Upgrades)
  • Experience to Level up Accessory
    • Lv1 -> 2 = 5,000 Exp
    • Lv2-> 3 = 50,000 Exp
    • Lv3 -> 4 = 500,000 Exp
    • Lv4 -> 5 = 5,000,000 Exp
  • You no longer need to use the Same accessory to level up. (You can use any Accessory)
  • The Level of the accessory you use, will be the Experience your item will gain
  • Superior Items will Yield 100x more Experience.
  • You can Reset the Accessory.
  • You will not Gain any bonus/extra Exp from already levelled items.
  • Elite Items will yield 5,000 Exp,
Group Changes
  • Exp is now Split Equally across the players, regardless of Level.
  • Each Member adds 10% more Exp.
  • Exp Rates
    • Having 1 of each class adds 20% More Exp
    • Having 2 of each class adds 50% More Exp
    • Having 3 of each class adds 80% More Exp
  • Drop Rates
    • Having 1 of each class adds 10% More Drop
    • Having 2 of each class adds 20% More Drop
    • Having 3 of each class adds 30% More Drop
Additional Features
  • Auto Attack Added, If you have default Keybinds (You may need to reset) The key will be X, (Attacks in the direction of cursor like Auto Run).
  • Companion Skill Rolls
    • You will never be able to roll Lower that a stat you have already had.
    • If you have had DC0-5 on Level 3 skill, you will never get lower than DC0-5 If you Re-Roll the Lv 3 skill.
    • Companion Bound.
    • You will be able to Hover over the "Level 3: MR0-5" Label in Companion window to See companion History of stats
  • Monster Buff
    • There's now a chance to gain a buff after killing a monster.
    • The chance, Duration and Stats depend on the monster you kill.
    • Buffs are account Bound (So will work if you switch character) Killing a monster which you already have a buff for will extend the duration.
    • Killing a different monster will give you another buff (You can have multiple monster buffs).
    • Boss's and Subs will give a nice buff for a short amount of time, Anyone who gains exp/drop from the monster will gain the full buff.
    • Clicking on any "MonsterBuff" Icon will Merge or Un-Merge all Monster buffs (Display purposes)
Discord has all of the Important Changes (I will update this post shortly)
Discord

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey bud, glad to see your adding another server to the mix. Interesting that assassins have been removed, was this on a players request or just to balance things out?

Also are we talking x1 exp like euro rates?

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
great news will play! two easy questions boss...

1. Low rate numbers on items jamie? eg , dc +20 weapons or dc +200 weapons?

2. Mir3 you have 15 chances/levels to refine weapon, then master refine which can add+5, will this be as normal? (remind me another option smelt stone?)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Hey bud, glad to see your adding another server to the mix. Interesting that assassins have been removed, was this on a players request or just to balance things out?

It's not exactly Euro Rate, I was happy with the speed of Zircon until about 40, at which is will slow down until 50, then slow down significantly more as people will have their skills.

great news will play! two easy questions boss...

1. Low rate numbers on items jamie? eg , dc +20 weapons or dc +200 weapons?

2. Mir3 you have 15 chances/levels to refine weapon, then master refine which can add+5, will this be as normal? (remind me another option smelt stone?)

1 and 2) -> There's a 25% Chance to break your weapon on a failed master refine, this should keep the High values low.

Reactions: SilvaRoberto

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

Sins are ****, they're **** on mir2 and I'd assume from this decision, they're **** on mir3 too.
That's my opinion however, some will disagree as it's their opinion.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Seriously is this how every player is at the moment? Anyone not donating or selling in game? xD

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Sounds really good!
A lot of changes to warrant the new release, as well as quests, which has peaked my interest (I like to have something to do with the mind numbing grinding of areas).
Having it a lower rate as well will be a lot more interesting.
Just a question in general, the donations from previous purchases, will they be given as HG or GG?

Best of luck!

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Woah Woah Woah don't be asking questions like that Light!! I don't want someone starting with 20k gg they bought already xD

On a more serious note though Jamie, will it be a similar opening to the current Zircon? I remember being so hyped to get on the server when it opened but was so frustrated at having trouble with regular omas and yetis in BW at lvl 10, while someone at the same level was already lvling in a half decent cave as they had so many more stats.

I get your going to get an advantage being a donator but I don't think I managed to get all of the buffs for a few weeks, by then I was way behind.

p.s not looking to start a cry thread here - just a genuine question xD

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Good too see you back mate.

Any chance Saphire is coming ? If so i'll most likely give this a miss, if it's not coming would happily play this though. I enjoyed Zircon until the Damage got out of hand.

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
kurwa jimi sounds good :) good u remove this stupid op sin my carrot frend :) cya in ur low rate !!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

Any chance Saphire is coming ? If so i'll most likely give this a miss, if it's not coming would happily play this though. I enjoyed Zircon until the Damage got out of hand.

he said on Discord not until next year

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Sounds pretty good, bold decisions on the Assassin Class I love the class but it's balance always seem too wonky on most servers so a server without it might be a nice change. Mind if I ask a few questions.

1. Are you planning on creating new content?

2. If so will the new items scale more slowly than on Original Zircon?

3. How much slower would you say it is compared to ZenX or Original Zircon?

4. Are warriors like they were on Zircon or have they received some balancing changes? (IMO as a player from Zircon warriors were behind most classes by a significant margin only exception was people is best gear who were extremely skilled though this was largely due to no CC and beckon being disabled on majority of the maps).

5. Did pigs receive any changes to the expanded skills?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Sounds pretty good, bold decisions on the Assassin Class I love the class but it's balance always seem too wonky on most servers so a server without it might be a nice change. Mind if I ask a few questions.

4. Are warriors like they were on Zircon or have they received some balancing changes? (IMO as a player from Zircon warriors were behind most classes by a significant margin only exception was people is best gear who were extremely skilled though this was largely due to no CC and beckon being disabled on majority of the maps).

Lot's of this was answered if you read the thread.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Lot's of this was answered if you read the thread.

No where on this post does Jamie confirm any of these questions. He just covers some of the changes he has done so far none of which cover what I have asked.

Other than maybe question 3. where is information is vague so I asked for a comparison. I don't mind being called out on things if there already listed but there not so please get your facts right first before quoting my comments as already been answered when they haven't.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Interesting.

Enjoyed Zircon in the early days. Got a bit out of hand with all the crazy stats and Weapon refines/Orbs.
Meant if you didn't get a lucky roll you had no chance of hunting solo in areas that others were dominating.

As a solo/casual player it's important to me that I can hunt in the areas that others can. Not expecting to do the same damage etc as the hard core players but at least steadily able to hunt there!

Might give it a bash

Reactions: LightBringer

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Sapphire is not being worked on at the moment, my focus is this server.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds really good!
A lot of changes to warrant the new release, as well as quests, which has peaked my interest (I like to have something to do with the mind numbing grinding of areas).
Having it a lower rate as well will be a lot more interesting.
Just a question in general, the donations from previous purchases, will they be given as HG or GG?

Best of luck!

They will receive it as game gold, but I doubt anyone will have a significant amount.

Woah Woah Woah don't be asking questions like that Light!! I don't want someone starting with 20k gg they bought already xD

On a more serious note though Jamie, will it be a similar opening to the current Zircon? I remember being so hyped to get on the server when it opened but was so frustrated at having trouble with regular omas and yetis in BW at lvl 10, while someone at the same level was already lvling in a half decent cave as they had so many more stats.

I get your going to get an advantage being a donator but I don't think I managed to get all of the buffs for a few weeks, by then I was way behind.

p.s not looking to start a cry thread here - just a genuine question xD

I am fairly certain the low level mobs have been rebalance since then, so you should have an easier time.

With the addition of quests (Currently 77) it should be an easier time to get to places.

1) I am not planning any new content at the moment, I need to see how the server grows before I know what I can add.

3) I want the server to be relatively easy going until 40 where is slows down, and then much slower at 50 where people have their skills.

4) I am more concerned at how far ahead warriors are at the moment, not how far behind they are ;)

Interesting.

Enjoyed Zircon in the early days. Got a bit out of hand with all the crazy stats and Weapon refines/Orbs.
Meant if you didn't get a lucky roll you had no chance of hunting solo in areas that others were dominating.

This is what I want to avoid. (Crazy stats)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyse
Status
Not open for further replies.