Zircon Server - Low Rate - 7th June 2019 - 18:00 GMT

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
What about Hells
:devilish:

Money ££ making wins over respect and pride.

This is money world, especially in mir servers,
people prefer to close make new one, quick boost of cash each time,
then reset and again and again, with big words of changes etc.

But all servers still the same cash cows, and nothing ever change xd

I think people would be smarter by now to not by into new servers hype,
but seems nope, still same monkeys. Even if server closed 10x before...
After quite a short time, they would return and do it over again,
and believe it will end any different.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Lot's of this was answered if you read the thread.
I feel this is 20% of all posts on lomcn xD

Tbh loverboy I would agree with you if Zircon was only up for 3-4 months like most servers. Zircon was the smoothest mir I've ever played in terms of gameplay - not like 3.55 that would struggle when 20+ mobs were on screen!

Fairplay to Jamie, if I could do what he did and rinse play to winners for cash then I would xD

The major difference here is you can't buy items or spells - these are the type of pay to win servers I don't agree with. I remember a Mir 2 server 4-5 years years ago with a donation npc - literally every 30+ book or item all the way to Mir Items in a set menu - example; War Mage Staff - £10 Dragon Staff £25 Mir Sword £100....

Madness.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

I wouldn't say all, majority yes.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
I feel this is 20% of all posts on lomcn xD

Tbh loverboy I would agree with you if Zircon was only up for 3-4 months like most servers. Zircon was the smoothest mir I've ever played in terms of gameplay - not like 3.55 that would struggle when 20+ mobs were on screen!

Fairplay to Jamie, if I could do what he did and rinse play to winners for cash then I would xD

The major difference here is you can't buy items or spells - these are the type of pay to win servers I don't agree with. I remember a Mir 2 server 4-5 years years ago with a donation npc - literally every 30+ book or item all the way to Mir Items in a set menu - example; War Mage Staff - £10 Dragon Staff £25 Mir Sword £100....

Madness.

If you put let's say 10000£ as some did, you would expect it to last longer than a year or two...

And kept being balanced, and new stuff added, not just remake the game every time.

You said its not like they sell items? I have to disagree some cash shop additions are better than just buying an item, as they help you gain more of these, way more 😁

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

To me, if I play servers, I put money into them because it's what I enjoy, having the extra buffs makes me enjoy it more, to be fair most servers last longer than my attention span on games anyway!
Hobbies are hobbies, people put money into things they enjoy.

I agree that the repeated cash cow servers are rampant, and they can dilute the genuine hype of a new server, but to me this Zircon Low Rate is quite warranted.

To be honest, if I ever did another server, if I could figure out a way to self run the server without a GameStore, I would.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Mate I don't understand where your coming from. Whether you've donated £1 or £10000 it makes no difference.

When you donate to a server it should be on the basis (unless your completely retarded) that the server could go down any day. You are not paying for a 3 year contract for the GM to keep a server open....

These days servers that last as long as Zircon, and are as popular as Zircon, are very few and far between.

Lets not muddy the water on what will hopefully be a good server open ;D

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
If you have enough money to drop £10k on a Private Mir server that is run by an individual that you don't know, or has any accountability towards anyone...then you either have so much money that it's like spending £5 on sweets in Asda as a treat to yourself, or you're just an idiot thats scrounging on benefits anyway, or it's not even your own money.

Either way, the length of time it's up for should be considered when you donate, as you ultimately have no control over it and for all you know it could be ripped out from under you without even a thanks.

Personally I've donated maybe twice in Mir servers all together, Jamie having the biggest amount :p But mainly for the support of the files considering the work that went into them, I have not once donated to a copy/paste database editing server, mainly because their uptime is always questionable, and the amount of "work" is minimal.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
£5,000 for an item, on a private server?
Good grief.

I remember DSS's selling for a lot on Euro.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
2002/3 DSS would go for £1500 on dragon server, this was before sword of war god,33/40 arm, gems, twin drake blade was ingame etc

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Whoa, damn that cheap?

I think on Mir 2 Forever? Me and my brother got MirSword from EvilMir, (We were players), Sold that baby for £5,000 i think.

It gets stupid how much people will pay for ingame items.

There are a few games out there like Eve Online, Second Life and Entropia where people have paid hundred of thousands and even millions for ingame assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.